Drugs for other sports?

Englishmustard

Bollocks!
Trusted Member
When the news media talks about “performance enhancing drugs” in sport what other drugs are they talking about other than the steroids we talk about here for strength sports?
Like we all know what is going to work for bodybuilding but what are baseball players and runners taking? Surely what’s good for muscle gain and strength to lift something isn’t necessarily going to help with stamina or an explosive sprint down the 100m track.
Say for example I decided I wanted to compete in cross country skiing, what would help my performance there?

When the news media talks about “performance enhancing drugs” in sport what other drugs are they talking about other than the steroids we talk about here for strength sports?
Like we all know what is going to work for bodybuilding but what are baseball players and runners taking? Surely what’s good for muscle gain and strength to lift something isn’t necessarily going to help with stamina or an explosive sprint down the 100m track.
Say for example I decided I wanted to compete in cross country skiing, what would help my performance there?

First off - Fuck the media and their warped perception and message, their primary mission is to generate revenue, not report factual info. That fact obviously puts a slant on anything they say. But I do get what you are trying to say.

Besides what @mbmuscle said - "EPO, stimulants, adderall, modafinil. beta blockers for concentration sports" the list is extensive. Drugs to make you more hyper or less hyper. More or less relaxed. Steady your hands. Utilize other compounds more effectively. Digest your food better getting more out of each mouthful. Sleep more or less. Utilize oxygen better. Carry more oxygen in your blood. Quicken reaction time.

Your assumption in the comment above in bold is about as wrong as could be.

Specific AAS with appropriate usage and training can definitely enhance performance. Test and GH are good for most everything.
Simple example deliberately extreme to illustrate the point: Bobby and Billy are 2 identical 25 yer old twins with matching height, 200lb body weight at 15 % bodyfat level etc. Both train and can squat 95lbs for 6 reps. Both run a 12 second 100m dash. Billy decides he is tired of always being in a tie with his brother so he decides to hit the juice.

After 6 months on a run of 120 mg of T along with Var and Winstrol (chosen because most won't gain a ton of weight on them but will gain strength) and DNP and some stims Billy has lost 5lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of muscle so he stills weighs 200 but now he can squat 225 for 10.

Question- Who can launch their 200lb body down the track faster? Answer- Billy of course, probably by better than a half a second.

Cross Country helpers? Same basic procedure as any other sport, pick the agents that improve the areas that apply to your sport. (psst EPO for sure in this case)

Probably some good ideas in this article, have not read it in a while...
https://www.scientificamerican.com/...c-american-guide-to-cheating-in-the-olympics/