donated blood today to help lower my RBC/ IRON

You declared that you’ve injected before? What did they ask you about it when you got in the interview room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can’t remember, but it’s not advised. I bet a lot of guy do though with no ill effect.[/QUOTE]

Guilty. I didn’t even know it could be a problem or what kind of problems it can cause. Harm to the donor or the receiver?

You declared that you’ve injected before? What did they ask you about it when you got in the interview room?

I can’t remember, but it’s not advised. I bet a lot of guy do though with no ill effect.[/QUOTE]

No I did not declare I injected before. I also checked no at the question have you done illegal drugs in your life. I was hesitant to do this, but I read up before hand that they can not take your word for it on the questionaire. They MUST your blood each and everytime. The questionaire is a easy way to weed out bad blood and not waste time on the testing.

@animal-inside
Hey bud,
I can justify every question that is asked, for example "illegal drugs" ? The stuff we most commonly discuss here is not illegal.
Sex with another man? Nope. I mean I'm pretty sure, I was drunk and it all happened so fast.

I can’t remember, but it’s not advised. I bet a lot of guy do though with no ill effect.

Guilty. I didn’t even know it could be a problem or what kind of problems it can cause. Harm to the donor or the receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
reciever

I can’t remember, but it’s not advised. I bet a lot of guy do though with no ill effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The concern is actually about sharing needles, at least that's what the nurse I asked there told me. I think saying Yes to injecting does not automatically disqualify you but just prompts them to ask more questions, same as the "do you take any medication?" question. If you say yes to that one then they look up everything you tell them you are taking to see if you still qualify.

They test batches of blood, not just one donation at a time so it seems they would rather disqualify you previous to donating on the chance your blood is tainted than incur the cost of testing and tossing out a whole batch.

The concern is actually about sharing needles, at least that's what the nurse I asked there told me. I think saying Yes to injecting does not automatically disqualify you but just prompts them to ask more questions, same as the "do you take any medication?" question. If you say yes to that one then they look up everything you tell them you are taking to see if you still qualify.

They test batches of blood, not just one donation at a time so it seems they would rather disqualify you previous to donating on the chance your blood is tainted than incur the cost of testing and tossing out a whole batch.[/QUOTE]

So your saying they take a bunch of the same blood type and throw it in one container and have the blood from that one container tested?

If that's the case, why did they pull 4 or 5 viles from me specifically if its going to be mixed with others?

am I missing something?

They test batches of blood, not just one donation at a time so it seems they would rather disqualify you previous to donating on the chance your blood is tainted than incur the cost of testing and tossing out a whole batch.

So your saying they take a bunch of the same blood type and throw it in one container and have the blood from that one container tested? Yessir that is what I am saying. Anything I have ever said on here about this subject comes from either info given to me by the nurse(?) in charge at the donation centre or from a phone call with blood.ca folks. I am certainly not 100% sure of the accuracy of that info but that what I'v been told.

If that's the case, why did they pull 4 or 5 viles from me specifically if its going to be mixed with others? Well now you have me really confused. I've never had a blood donation taken into vials ever, nor have I ever even heard of that happening. The standard procedure I am aware of is them taking about 450 ml out in one bag. I can't always see what is going on completely though and now that you have brought up I do have a faint memory from a few years back of them taking a much smaller bag, perhaps 5-10ml(?) too. Maybe that smaller bag is what gets batch tested? I've only ever seen glass vials at a lab.

am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Maybe we are both missing something, maybe there are different procedures in different parts of the country?

I am overdue for a donation, when I get time to go again I will try to remember to ask a bunch more questions. Maybe another member here knows more. If I have time tomorrow I might call. I find the web page pretty shitty so I won't try to figure it out using that.

So your saying they take a bunch of the same blood type and throw it in one container and have the blood from that one container tested? Yessir that is what I am saying. Anything I have ever said on here about this subject comes from either info given to me by the nurse(?) in charge at the donation centre or from a phone call with blood.ca folks. I am certainly not 100% sure of the accuracy of that info but that what I'v been told.

If that's the case, why did they pull 4 or 5 viles from me specifically if its going to be mixed with others? Well now you have me really confused. I've never had a blood donation taken into vials ever, nor have I ever even heard of that happening. The standard procedure I am aware of is them taking about 450 ml out in one bag. I can't always see what is going on completely though and now that you have brought up I do have a faint memory from a few years back of them taking a much smaller bag, perhaps 5-10ml(?) too. Maybe that smaller bag is what gets batch tested? I've only ever seen glass vials at a lab.

am I missing something?

Maybe we are both missing something, maybe there are different procedures in different parts of the country?

I am overdue for a donation, when I get time to go again I will try to remember to ask a bunch more questions. Maybe another member here knows more. If I have time tomorrow I might call. I find the web page pretty shitty so I won't try to figure it out using that.[/QUOTE]

Yes when I donate in the first minute they take a few tubes in addition to the 450ml. Never asked them about it. I will next week.

Ok ya so I’ll take the blame for the quote function. I think I messed that up a few posts back. Sorry guys.

Secondly I wanted to comment on the vials for testing. They always take those extra vials from me as well, and the nurse told me that’s what they use for testing. I had never heard of the batch testing before but that’s not to say it’s not possible. The testing is mainly for platelets and cell counts and to make sure you don’t have hiv or a few other stds. From what I’m told, it doesn’t not test for everything ie anabolic compounds. Additionally, they mix your blood type with dozens of others and then filter it several times. This means If you donate with tren, it’s getting down the line but at very low levels. Again I’m only going by the research I’ve done on this.

What would be helpful is if you could be honest in this country and tell your dr or a clinic you need a therapeutic phlebotomy because you enjoy taking anabolics for quality of life. But. Since you’re not asking for a sex change, that’s still crazy talk. Anyway sorry but that’s a major piss off for me as I’ve said on other posts.

am I missing something?

I am overdue for a donation, when I get time to go again I will try to remember to ask a bunch more questions. Maybe another member here knows more. If I have time tomorrow I might call. I find the web page pretty shitty so I won't try to figure it out using that.[/QUOTE]

Weird.. I promise you, when I was taken into the little room to go over questionaire and test my iron, the lady had 4 or 5 viles.. I chatted a bit with her (older lady whose been doing it awhile). I asked a lot of questions and one was how do you make sure ppl don't lie or have a desease they don't know about, and then she lifted the bag up with those 4 or 5 viles and she said they test the blood for everything before using it. She said my blood was sent to Calgary.. I am pretty sure the viles all had the same bar code sticker on it and my info was on them. And when my blood was taken, the donated blood and those 4 or 5 viles all got put togehter in a bag or container.

Yes, there was also a smaller bag about 10 mls.. I didn't ask what it was for. But there was also4 or 5 viles and the lady told me that's how my blood was tested to ensure it could be donated.

This is in Alberta.. Maybe your province is differnet like you said.

Well I'm leaning towards thinking that I've just never noticed these vials. I'm usually yapping away at the lady who pokes me and trying not to get caught looking at her chest so eyes towards the ceiling. I know for sure they have a whole big ziploc bag of stuff that they take away after they are done with me and I do recall the girl that runs through the questionnaire sticking a pile of barcodes on things.

In my other post where I said - "Anything I have ever said on here about this subject comes from either info given to me by the nurse(?) in charge at the donation centre or from a phone call with blood.ca folks." I should have added "and what I saw for myself" cause it sounds like I missed a bunch of stuff.
Maybe @Oldguyjiujitsu will get to the bottom of this next week. I think I heard if you kick the shit out of the biggest guy there to establish dominance the rest of them will probably tell you everything you want to know. (I could be wrong about this too though)

Well I'm leaning towards thinking that I've just never noticed these vials. I'm usually yapping away at the lady who pokes me and trying not to get caught looking at her chest so eyes towards the ceiling. I know for sure they have a whole big ziploc bag of stuff that they take away after they are done with me and I do recall the girl that runs through the questionnaire sticking a pile of barcodes on things.

In my other post where I said - "Anything I have ever said on here about this subject comes from either info given to me by the nurse(?) in charge at the donation centre or from a phone call with blood.ca folks." I should have added "and what I saw for myself" cause it sounds like I missed a bunch of stuff.
Maybe @Oldguyjiujitsu will get to the bottom of this next week. I think I heard if you kick the shit out of the biggest guy there to establish dominance the rest of them will probably tell you everything you want to know. (I could be wrong about this too though)

Maybe the difference is in AB the lady who goes over the quiestionaire makes me grandma look sexy VS your province they bait guys to donate blood with titties and snacks.

Not hot here either, lol.

There is one really nice one who does the blood draws, not really hot just nice looking and well built, really nice to talk with. I have thought about asking her out but it seems inappropriate. Normally that wouldn't worry me too much but I really stuck my foot in my mouth with one of the intake ladies one time and I'm kind of gun shy around them all now. The intake lady in question was probably younger than would be favored for a man of my age and fairly attractive.
We are doing the intake in an isolated little booth. She says something like- "Oh your blood pressure is nice and low today" and for some reason (I think I had a headache or something) I reply "Maybe in my arm..." She stared at me blankly while her face turned red. I'm just looking at her thinking hmm that's weird.... I sort of sensed the ladies smirking around me for the rest of that visit, seemed strange. The next morning I woke up and sat on the edge of my bed and it hit me, OH. FUUCK.

I donated a month ago and I live in Newfoundland. Booked appointment and filled out questionnaire online. Showed up and they scanned app on my phone and I immediately went into room where nurse checked hemoglobin level and I signed document basically saying I have no knowledge of being hiv positive.
Then proceeded to chair where they took five vials of blood first and then the donation began which took 7 minutes.
I would recommend to download app and book online because it certainly speeds up the process.

I donated a month ago and I live in Newfoundland. Booked appointment and filled out questionnaire online. Showed up and they scanned app on my phone and I immediately went into room where nurse checked hemoglobin level and I signed document basically saying I have no knowledge of being hiv positive.
Then proceeded to chair where they took five vials of blood first and then the donation began which took 7 minutes.
I would recommend to download app and book online because it certainly speeds up the process.

Place I went to had multiple tablets set up in booths to do the online quiestionaire.. was very wuick and easy