Credit card limits getting cut?

Rocky

Trusted Member
Anyone's credit card limits getting cut by canadian banks?
Was reading some stuff about economics and noticed one person mentioning canadian banks are starting to cut peoples credit lines/lower credit limits.

Anyone's credit card limits getting cut by canadian banks?
Was reading some stuff about economics and noticed one person mentioning canadian banks are starting to cut peoples credit lines/lower credit limits.
Rocky - I have no love for big business that makes billions in a 1/4 and still hammer on the small guy with a higher interest rate or lower limit. If it was me, I would walk in and ask. I wouldn't call as you will be the ball in a pinball machine being bounced from one person to another as no one has accountability but they can't do that when your in their face. Don't walk in and make a spectacle - you prob won't get anywhere but there is nothing wrong with being assertive and wanting an explanation.
To answer your question - no, they now want to increase my limit hoping I may not pay it off so they can make interest on the unpaid balance.
I moved my banking from the big guys to a local credit union - they know my name, they have lots of tellers, when I need assistance they will invite me into a private room and the wait is never long. Meanwhile the bank I left which is 100 times larger than the credit union is getting rid of tellers and downsizing their staff as they grow.
They are publicly traded so their financials are there for the world to see.

No limit lowering but heard about raising minimum payment from 3% to 3.5% and even to 5% by 2025

I only use my charge card, like others for amazon, or online purchases. I use a charge card for gas purchases because you save a couple cents a litre, plus my bike only holds like $18 dollars worth and it drives my wife nuts to have to write down all the receipts, if I fill twice a week.

I didnt get a charge card until I got married, they wouldn’t allow me to book a hotel room without it.

My wife checks the balance often at least once a week and pays them off right away.

We put everything possible on credit card and always pay the balance well before its due. We do this to take advantage of the points system and the CC company doesn't make any interest off us.

What I dislike about CC's is they charge the retailer a fee to be able to accept their CC's. I think Visa's charge to the retailer is much higher then mastercard (what a business owner told me). Small businesses will sometimes not offer CC as payment due to losing too much money to the CC company.