Confessions of Drinking

OmegaBravo7

Trusted Member
I confess, despite knowing the utmost importance of drinking water, I vaguely drink any water. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m used to NYC water all my life or the body just changes over time as does tastebuds 🤷‍♂️

The tap water makes me gag, feels like I’m going to vomit. All bottled waters also make me gag and even worse they leave an aftertaste of absolute disgust that lingers for 1-2hrs. I’ll never understand how the fuck bottled water brands stay in business. Tastes straight up like ass. I put up with drinking water during cycles, I forced myself to drink a lot of water, usually mixed some Gatorade into the glass to cover the taste. I’ve gone close to 2 weeks without drinking water, though I drink lots of coffee, monsters, and often Gatorade.

I’ve already known of astrazine in our waters and believe it’s a major contributing factor as to why so many males of the new generations are so fucking feminine and xxxxx. My kids know I don’t allow them to drink tap water and to drink the botttled crap instead. But they too hate the bottled water taste and when the parents aren’t around they drink the tap water. So about 2 wks ago I went ahead and bought that 5 gallon water bottle and the dispenser it sits in. It’s alkaline water. I have to say, this is the best tasting water I’ve ever had next to NYC water and my kids feel the same thank God. Holy shit, I have an overall better feeling throughout the day.

If you fellas dislike the taste of water and the xxxxx chemicals they contain you should consider alkaline water from your local water store.

I really hate editing posts, but give me a break read the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I filter my tap water through a gravity fed system.
I have a ProPur set up for a out 10 yrs now.
Currently using pro one filters that remove all chemicals.
The water is completely tasteless and clean.

I filter my tap water through a gravity fed system.
I have a ProPur set up for a out 10 yrs now.
Currently using pro one filters that remove all chemicals.
The water is completely tasteless and clean.
Does it filter out minerals too?

I confess, despite knowing the utmost importance of drinking water, I vaguely drink any water. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m used to NYC water all my life or the body just changes over time as does tastebuds 🤷‍♂️

The tap water makes me gag, feels like I’m going to vomit. All bottled waters also make me gag and even worse they leave an aftertaste of absolute disgust that lingers for 1-2hrs. I’ll never understand how the fuck bottled water brands stay in business. Tastes straight up like ass. I put up with drinking water during cycles, I forced myself to drink a lot of water, usually mixed some Gatorade into the glass to cover the taste. I’ve gone close to 2 weeks without drinking water, though I drink lots of coffee, monsters, and often Gatorade.

I’ve already known of astrazine in our waters and believe it’s a major contributing factor as to why so many males of the new generations are so fucking feminine and faglike. My kids know I don’t allow them to drink tap water and to drink the botttled crap instead. But they too hate the bottled water taste and when the parents aren’t around they drink the tap water. So about 2 wks ago I went ahead and bought that 5 gallon water bottle and the dispenser it sits in. It’s alkaline water. I have to say, this is the best tasting water I’ve ever had next to NYC water and my kids feel the same thank God. Holy shit, I have an overall better feeling throughout the day.

If you fellas dislike the taste of water and the homo chemicals they contain you should consider alkaline water from your local water store.
NYC tap water is some of the best tasting for city tap water in the world.
Having grown up on a well, I can't stomach the taste of chlorinated water at all.

Atrazine is a commonly touted suspect, but testosterone levels are falling worldwide including in countries that don't allow atrazine use, nor food imports that test positive for atrazine.

the use of plastics in water treatment and storage however , such as plastic water bottles, do correlate and also have a proven mechanism.

Here is one example study..

we detected antiestrogens and antiandrogens in the majority of analyzed bottled water products. Moreover, the antagonist activity was very potent. An equivalent of 3.75 mL bottled water inhibited estrogen and androgen receptor by up to 60 and 90%, respectively.

I’ve already known of astrazine in our waters and believe it’s a major contributing factor as to why so many males of the new generations are so fucking feminine and xxxxMy kids know I don’t allow them to drink tap water and to drink the botttled crap instead. But they too hate the bottled water taste and when the parents aren’t around they drink the tap water. So about 2 wks ago I went ahead and bought that 5 gallon water bottle and the dispenser it sits in. It’s alkaline water. I have to say, this is the best tasting water I’ve ever had next to NYC water and my kids feel the same thank God. Holy shit, I have an overall better feeling throughout the day.

If you fellas dislike the taste of water and the homo chemicals they contain you should consider alkaline water from your local water store.
Please leave your homophobic rants off the board, even in this forum.

Wide Open Anything Goes
Post here at your own risk. This forum is not subject to normal moderation with the exception of no racist, gender or sexist talk, no personal insults and no threatening violence. Not even such jokes. So if you post here and find yourself being victim of a few guys or gals tearing you views apart do not come crying to the staff here because you have been warned

Last edited:
Water is important for a healthy system which you obviously know. It helps your body filter out anything that the body doesn't want but only if the water is 'good water'. I don't drink bottled water because I know the water sits in a plastic bottle for a long time (not always) and the heat is not controlled for storage and transportation.
This is debatable and some people who are much smarter than I, say it is fine. Dioxins are a concern for health and water sitting in the heat in a plastic bottle for extended periods - may leach dioxins in the water.
I have been in NYC and many other large cities and the water out of the tap is crap. Chemicals are needed, just like a pool requires chemicals to kill the e-coli or whatever they deem to an threat. The issue is the chemicals they use may cause problems too.
I have my own well and it still had impurities. We have it tested annually. I installed an ultra violet light system to get rid of those issues. Our water analysis says 0 for everything now but it isn't cheap to buy and install.
We also have a Brita filter system and fill it up and put it in the fridge. We get out water from the Brita container - it gets filtered again and is always cold the way we like it.
Just my opinion based on some reading and listening to people smarter than I am - is this a cure for you so you like water, I don't know but it is the direction we went. Instead of plastic bottles - when we go camping/hiking I use the containers that keep the temp much longer and are not plastic.

Maybe a whole lot of wasted money on my part but I love water. I don't drink anything except water and coffee. Exception being alcohol periodically at parties or a few beers on a hot summer day.

Water is important for a healthy system which you obviously know. It helps your body filter out anything that the body doesn't want but only if the water is 'good water'. I don't drink bottled water because I know the water sits in a plastic bottle for a long time (not always) and the heat is not controlled for storage and transportation.
This is debatable and some people who are much smarter than I, say it is fine. Dioxins are a concern for health and water sitting in the heat in a plastic bottle for extended periods - may leach dioxins in the water.
I have been in NYC and many other large cities and the water out of the tap is crap. Chemicals are needed, just like a pool requires chemicals to kill the e-coli or whatever they deem to an threat. The issue is the chemicals they use may cause problems too.
I have my own well and it still had impurities. We have it tested annually. I installed an ultra violet light system to get rid of those issues. Our water analysis says 0 for everything now but it isn't cheap to buy and install.
We also have a Brita filter system and fill it up and put it in the fridge. We get out water from the Brita container - it gets filtered again and is always cold the way we like it.
Just my opinion based on some reading and listening to people smarter than I am - is this a cure for you so you like water, I don't know but it is the direction we went. Instead of plastic bottles - when we go camping/hiking I use the containers that keep the temp much longer and are not plastic.

Maybe a whole lot of wasted money on my part but I love water. I don't drink anything except water and coffee. Exception being alcohol periodically at parties or a few beers on a hot summer day.
Agree with all except the dioxin part. Not sure how that myth got started but dioxins are only formed by burning chlorinated plastics like PCBs and are not found in consumer grade plastics.
The aldehydes and phthalates are the most commonly found contaminants. Are they a concern? In my opinion a big problem with the way industry works is things are often assumed safe until proven otherwise, so for example Bisphenol-A has been used for decades until independent university studies demonstrated it was unsafe. Industry response has been to replace it with Bisphenol-B, which probably is as bad or worse than A, but has not yet been proven so and will remain in use for decades more until and if it's shown to be unsafe.

I personally don't worry a lot about it. It's pretty hard to avoid as it's ubiquitous in society and stressing over it is likely worse for health than the exposure.

Last edited:
I live on a well, and am happy for it. I have the water tested every spring and fall, which is free, but mostly it looks for heavy metals and e-coli etc. For $125 I can have the full spectrum tested and that tells me that it is high in calcium, iron, and magnesium, but low in sulphur and that makes a big difference. (doesn't smell like farts, which is a bonus). I also run an RO system for water I use in the aqaurium, the kettle, humidifiers, and in hydroponics, but I drink the well water and cook with it.

You should know that if you are concerned with your city water supply you can simply email them and they will send you a very detailed breakdown of the most up to date (probably within a few weeks) analysis of the contents of the water. As well, you'll find out what they are using as a decontaminant, which in most cases you will probably find to be Chloramine, which behaves quite differently that Chlorine with most people assume is in the city water. UV systems can also be used, although I'm not sure many cities are set up with that.

Anyhow, get your water analysis sent to you if you're curious. Or if all your frogs are turning gay. I kind of miss the gay frogs of the city, much better music at their parties. :LOL:

I remember when I didn’t drink enough water and almost died in the hospital from kidney failure . I was on test and winstrol and decided to go to a bar one night I was early 20’S.
Woke up next morning pain in my lower back unreal went to the hospital my creatinine was through the roof my red blood cell was fucked and my kidneys were shutting down my body had t processed the alcohol because it couldn’t . Good times .
Not only do I not drink any more ( been years since I had alcohol )
But I also easily drink a gallon to two gallons a day and my blood work is always on point all the time now

Add some mio or electrolytes like biosteel, eaas or something similar to water. Or drink tea

I drink tap water wherever I go, it does the job. I'm usually good about getting a gallon in me per day

I tried alkaline water, borrowed one of those expensive alkaline ionizer machines from a friend that was raving about it that take your tap water and adjusts the PH. I used it for a month while he was away and I did not find any personal benifit in it for me, certainly not to justify the 3k cost of the machine. I'm sure their are cheaper options bit his was apparantly the best

I drink tap water wherever I go, it does the job. I'm usually good about getting a gallon in me per day

I tried alkaline water, borrowed one of those expensive alkaline ionizer machines from a friend that was raving about it that take your tap water and adjusts the PH. I used it for a month while he was away and I did not find any personal benifit in it for me, certainly not to justify the 3k cost of the machine. I'm sure their are cheaper options bit his was apparantly the best
If you like alkaline water for the taste, (I don't know the mechanism by which it would make it taste any different within that small range) then that is good, however any suggested benefits to drinking alkaline water or even alkaline food through which you might be altering your body chemistry are total BS. It's a fading fad, but there was quite a bit of hoopla going on for a while in the grifter/snakeoil community regarding the potential health benefits. They don't exist. Your body requires a very specific PH range and there are mechanisms, evolved in biological systems over millions of years, that will keep that in place, despite your best efforts at altering it. In fact, if you manage to alter your body PH significantly, you will be able to delight in those effects by experiencing your organs shutting down.

For flavour though, I'm sure it's great. :)

Agree with all except the dioxin part. Not sure how that myth got started but dioxins are only formed by burning chlorinated plastics like PCBs and are not found in consumer grade plastics.
The aldehydes and phthalates are the most commonly found contaminants. Are they a concern? In my opinion a big problem with the way industry works is things are often assumed safe until proven otherwise, so for example Bisphenol-A has been used for decades until independent university studies demonstrated it was unsafe. Industry response has been to replace it with Bisphenol-B, which probably is as bad or worse than A, but has not yet been proven so and will remain in use for decades more until and if it's shown to be unsafe.

I personally don't worry a lot about it. It's pretty hard to avoid as it's ubiquitous in society and stressing over it is likely worse for health than the exposure.
Your clearly a well read/educated man so I will listen to anything you say. I was warned 20 years ago by several scientists (they were family friends with my family) and were researching dioxins leeching from plastic into some liquids/products given the right environment. She was a unique lady and in no way do I have proof she was right but she was brilliant (IMO). Was she/the group correct I don't know but she was running studies for universities. You can find lots of info on the internet that will probably support both sides. Don't disagree with you as I don't know enough to do so. I would have to go on a reading spree and down the water rabbit hole and right now I'm too lazy lol.
Appreciate the info though.

Your clearly a well read/educated man so I will listen to anything you say. I was warned 20 years ago by several scientists (they were family friends with my family) and were researching dioxins leeching from plastic into some liquids/products given the right environment. She was a unique lady and in no way do I have proof she was right but she was brilliant (IMO). Was she/the group correct I don't know but she was running studies for universities. You can find lots of info on the internet that will probably support both sides. Don't disagree with you as I don't know enough to do so. I would have to go on a reading spree and down the water rabbit hole and right now I'm too lazy lol.
Appreciate the info though.
It's 100% accurate to say that dioxins, which come from (burning) plastics, leach into water supplies.
Dioxins are absolutely a huge environmental problem, as they bioaccumulate as well. They are a reason PCBS were for the most part banned.

I'm only (somewhat) educated on the topic because I have close family doing cutting edge research in the field. A recent success of the team was this. https://globalnews.ca/news/9570650/ubc-engineers-solution-removing-forever-chemicals-drinking-water/
So I learn by osmosis over Christmas dinner whether I want to or not. Lol
I could no doubt misremember or misunderstand a lot of what gets said though.

Last edited: