Cheapest phone plan in Canada

Evil Spock

Trusted Member
FYI, if you are cheap like me, this may interest you. I pay $15.75/3GB a month for the Fido data only plan. I use Fongo app for voice over data. I suggest people interested in this to download the fongo app and experiment with it to see if they can get it working good enough and if it suits them. it costs $25 to port your current number and i think i pay$9 a year for texting out. you dont have any usage if you are connected to wifi. i probably could due with reducing my plan to $10/2GB a month but i keep it as is in case of emergency when im traveling. overage is $10/1GB.

the fido data only plan is supposed to be for current customers only but you can bypass this by going to one of those mall coisks. bestbuy turned me down saying they didnt even offer that plan. went to a mall and they took my money.

The last time I used voice over data it sounded hollow or distorted most of the time. Maybe they have improved that technology but I personally need a consistent, clear, and reliable connection.

fongo has a lot of settings i needed to experiment with. had all the problems to begin with: echo, one sided sound, dropping. some problems just went away. sometimes the wifi im visiting isnt good enough and i have to switch to data. i probably only have 5 calls a week now. all my friends just text. when i get a call now, i have a mini panic attack because its usually serious or i worry it is: bank, work, parents emergency.

If you want unlimited voice/text/picture may and 10gb data koodo has it for $56 +tax a month.

The last time I used voice over data it sounded hollow or distorted most of the time. Maybe they have improved that technology but I personally need a consistent, clear, and reliable connection.

When you travel you buy prepaid card that works mostly on data and you have no problem at all, very cheap also, to bad we don't have that in canada , much better then the expensive plans we have .

I talk a lot to family international on what's up with no problem.
You still using the flip phone lol just joking