Cejudo vs Dillashaw

Oldguyjiujitsu

OAF
Trusted Member
Who people got? I reaaaaly want Cejudo to give Dillashaw a serious beat down. The guy is way to cocky and arrogant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great card...
Cerroni is bound for hall of fame
Teiveira showed great grappling
Benevidez/Ortiz was one of most technical grappling matches i have seen in the UFC in loooong time (gives me hope as fans did not boo)
Hardy looked out of shape...no gas
Cujudo...only wish the beat down lasted longer.

Great card...
Cerroni is bound for hall of fame
Teiveira showed great grappling
Benevidez/Ortiz was one of most technical grappling matches i have seen in the UFC in loooong time (gives me hope as fans did not boo)
Hardy looked out of shape...no gas
Cujudo...only wish the beat down lasted longer.

I agree! It was a fair stoppage, but still a little early. I feel it only sped up the inevitable, but I wish the ref let it go longer ... for two reasons. 1) So when TJ got flat-lined, he would've had nothing to complain about, and 2) so that I could have enjoyed watching TJ twitch on the canvas ;)

IMO, the early stoppage only benefited TJ - because now he has an excuse. I think the ref robbed Cejudo of what would have been an amazing victory.

Benevidez/Ortiz was absolute grappling poetry. Reverses, switches, counters, ... Loved it.

Hardy looked like a bum. No gas, no cardio, and, IMO, no drive when it gets into deep waters. Its amazing that at the end of the night, Cejudo's future is hanging in the balance, while Hardy is guaranteed more opportunities. Only in Dana-Land ;)

PS ... at one point, for a second or two, I swore Texeira was done. What a way to bounce back from those elbows. Thats the balls and parts that Hardy was missing.

Good stoppage. Sure he could have let him take a few more shots but it's a judgement call amid frantic action and big John made a good point that at 30 seconds in neither the fighters nor the ref have settled in yet so both are prone to making somewhat panicky decisions. If you have to call it good or bad I can't say bad so I must say good.

I thought this vid was an excellent breakdown -

Good stoppage. Sure he could have let him take a few more shots but it's a judgement call amid frantic action and big John made a good point that at 30 seconds in neither the fighters nor the ref have settled in yet so both are prone to making somewhat panicky decisions. If you have to call it good or bad I can't say bad so I must say good.

I thought this vid was an excellent breakdown -

I agree, it may look early but he fell a few times and highly unlikely he would’ve recovered. I know everyone likes to see a knockout but Zero need to take more damage

I agree, it may look early but he fell a few times and highly unlikely he would’ve recovered. I know everyone likes to see a knockout but Zero need to take more damage

Assuming you and I are correct and more damage was coming TJ should be thankful cause now he will be in better shape moving into future fights. Getting the lights turned out doesn't ever seem to put anyone in a better position for a rematch.

Saw that today. Interested to see what it is that he got popped for. Probably something to help with his cut.

My sources say Test Prop.

He did mention that him and his new super prep coach were monitoring Test (and E?) levels. When I heard that I thought to myself "I wonder what they would do about any issues with low T?" AFAIK you are pretty screwed if you are deep into a pre fight cut and your T tanks, natural remedies like training less and resting and eating more are usually out the window and no USADA legal supps are gonna do shit.

Can't wait to watch this unfold, I was pretty skeptical of his prep coach when they were bragging about this fantastic algorithm he had built for this cut. I may be slightly oversimplifying but especially if you have some historical data on the athlete in question it doesn't take a genius to figure out "pounds you need to lose divided by time you have to lose it" and the caloric balance needed to achieve that. Childsplay for a pro like @Funnyman if he took an interest in that particular form of cutting. And yeah I know the tricky part is having an athlete capable of high level performance on fight night. All of it is a lot easier with pharmaceutical assistance.....

He did mention that him and his new super prep coach were monitoring Test (and E?) levels. When I heard that I thought to myself "I wonder what they would do about any issues with low T?" AFAIK you are pretty screwed if you are deep into a pre fight cut and your T tanks, natural remedies like training less and resting and eating more are usually out the window and no USADA legal supps are gonna do shit.

Can't wait to watch this unfold, I was pretty skeptical of his prep coach when they were bragging about this fantastic algorithm he had built for this cut. I may be slightly oversimplifying but especially if you have some historical data on the athlete in question it doesn't take a genius to figure out "pounds you need to lose divided by time you have to lose it" and the caloric balance needed to achieve that. Childsplay for a pro like @Funnyman if he took an interest in that particular form of cutting. And yeah I know the tricky part is having an athlete capable of high level performance on fight night. All of it is a lot easier with pharmaceutical assistance.....

So what the heck did we do back in the 70's and early 80's when we were met with that dilemma? We didn't monitor hormones. We rested, trained differently. I would always suffer from lack of speed and thus would work on power and cut back on sparring. No extra cardio from skipping or roadwork. Nice light shadowboxing for a few workouts, to sort of retain speed. Work my combinations on the bag, instead of going for rounds. This would enable me to count my punches and kicks. Spar very lightly with people I trusted and would tend to limit my rounds to 1 minute. The 1 minute would be my gauge to what I would increase. Generally it was focus. I would add focus mitts and speed bag before I would adjust my sparring to 2 minutes. That would be two weeks. After that I would not feel slow and could concentrate on what I was good at. Feeling "right".
If you want to know my stretching regime for kicking you have to pay me. That or study Thomas Kurz.

I have previously mentioned his gyno....knew something was up...likely as oldjujitsuguy says....Cody Garbrandt is proven right.

When will we see lawsuits for lost income as a result of losing to juiced fighters?