Canada Post slow down due to high volume during the holidays

Taureau

Administrator
Just an fyi to anyone expecting anything via Canada post. This time of year delivery volume sky rockets and it can cause some delays. I heard yesterday that CP hired another 100 trucks to help get the packages delivered. I do not know if that was 100 in my area or 100 just in the province of Ontario.
Please note this is a nationwide annual problem.

And to speed things up send whatever you need using expresspost. If there is a lot of mail and limited space the items sent expresspost go out on the trucks and anything sent regular or expedited sit and wait until there is space.

They’ve been absolute shit! I ordered a new phone and it was supposed to deliver on the third. Still hasn’t delivered

Patiently awaiting a vape I bought on black friday, mailed on Dec 4th and CP tracking is showing a delivery date of Dec 17th...yikes.

No, Ontario to BC....hoping it ends up being faster than 2 weeks.
i had a box of supplements come from black friday sales from BC to ON and it only took a few days, i don't think i'd take that long, maybe its different from ON to BC though

i had a box of supplements come from black friday sales from BC to ON and it only took a few days, i don't think i'd take that long, maybe its different from ON to BC though

I checked on a map and the distance between ON to BC is the exact same as the distance between BC to On lol

I have a bunch of packages all 2-3 days late. Some are even xpresspost.. cant get too excited this time of year

posted today on CP webiste

High seasonal volumes are delaying some deliveries. We apologize. Please track your package using our tool on canadapost.ca.

Thanks for posting this! It’s a busy season and members being informed is a great thing!

Yeah I sent a package to the west but forgot and used business expedited. So now it’s hung up in missaguga. But when my pack from the west to here was only a few days.

My though is ?Ontario has a bigger population that bc, Alta and sask, so just imagine the push going out right now.