Canada Post info you should know

Taureau

Administrator
When you send something via Canada post they are delivering to the delivery address and not to the person.

Which means if the package is held for pickup even with a made up name on the package it will be delivered to your address.

Also if its held for signature and its not your name on the package on that form notifying you of the delivery there is a space where you can authorize someone to pick it up. So its easy you just scribble a signature and sign the slip and authorize yourself to pick it up.

If the package is to large and held for pick up you can pick that package up from Canada Post as long as your able to show the Canada post dude ID showing your a resident of that address.

Thanks bull. Also CP had been slow for a while sending anything FROM southern ON, I notice anytning I send takes over a week but anything coming to me is a night or two maybe. Just something I recently noticed if anybody has troubles

Thanks bull. Also CP had been slow for a while sending anything FROM southern ON, I notice anytning I send takes over a week but anything coming to me is a night or two maybe. Just something I recently noticed if anybody has troubles

odds are something sent to you is using expresspost which is faster

I ship everything express as well bull! My end seems to be slower going though lately @Taureau

Last edited:
When you send something via Canada post they are delivering to the delivery address and not to the person.

Which means if the package is held for pickup even with a made up name on the package it will be delivered to your address.

Also if its held for signature and its not your name on the package on that form notifying you of the delivery there is a space where you can authorize someone to pick it up. So its easy you just scribble a signature and sign the slip and authorize yourself to pick it up.

If the package is to large and held for pick up you can pick that package up from Canada Post as long as your able to show the Canada post dude ID showing your a resident of that address.

and in the case of too large an item, if you still require a signature the authorizing trick works there too. Just always request signature required! Or just follow what bull said with the ID and address lol.