Breaking news IMPORTANT but not AAS related Bed Bath & Beyond pulls black pumpkins over blackface concerns

Taureau

Administrator
Breaking news IMPORTANT but not AAS related Bed Bath & Beyond pulls black pumpkins over blackface concerns

Retailer Bed Bath & Beyond has removed black jack-o-lanterns after receiving complaints they were forms of blackface.

A controversial Halloween display at a law firm has some Nyack, New York residents asking — black pumpkin or blackface?

NAACP director Wilbur Aldridge says the jack-o-lanterns show “An extreme lack of sensitivity.”

“By now I would believe everyone [would] know that anything in blackface is offensive,” he said in a statement. “Equally as offensive is that a retail store would have such an item in [their] inventory for general purchase.”

I think they did the right thing but I also think that they’re entitled to the way they feel.”

And with this reaction, the law firm decided to take those pumpkins down less than 48 hours after setting them out on the porch.

Mary Marzella with the firm says the pumpkins personalized with the names of each partner at the Feerick Nugent and McCartney law firm were never meant to offend anyone.

“We understand that someone complained about them and so once we got word of that we immediately took them down,” Marzella said. “We represent people of all colors and faiths and we would never do anything to exclude anyone from any community.”

Bed Bath and Beyond has since apologized saying “This is a sensitive area and, though unintentional, we apologize for any offense caused. We have immediately removed the item from sale.”

1571916443691.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Those of us sensitive to issues need to protest not only black pumpkins but those new white pumpkins as well

1571916585087.png

this statement on one news outlet I find very scary

"The white pumpkins are easier to carve, than the orange ones. The skin is less tough. Your knife will go right through it."

and more news blue and red pumpkins are out as well.

All I can say is whats next. We need to organize a march.

Obviously offensive...... lmfao!

I’ve said it a million times and I’ll say it a million more.... people have no clue as to what racism even is anymore.

How the fuck is a black pumpkin even remotely close to blackface?

By this far reach we should probably kill off all the black dogs out there.... it’s obviously just as offensive. The dogs are black and they are dogs so by having them around we are saying black people are dogs.

I know.... fucking stupid right? But that is the same kind of stretch we see day after day.

Blackface was a form of comedy that took every bit of stereotype and gross generalization about the black community and then exaggerated those by about a million to entertain whites by poking fun at those exaggerations. It’s actually pretty disgusting and revolting.

The point here however is.... anything you see today is not even remotely close to that.

Like note even close.

So again.... people don’t even know what racism is anymore. And that is sad. Maybe if we weren’t so worried about such terrible things like black pumpkins and other nonsense we could actually sit down and have some meaningful dialogue about actually trying to improve relations. Instead we take knees during national anthems, fingerpoint, try to get even, coin new terms to cause shit and divisiveness such as white privilege (lol btw - I’d love to share my white privilege moments with anyone - fuck lol). and do other useless things that will never be part of any solution, only contribute to or create a fucking problem.

Obviously offensive...... lmfao!

I’ve said it a million times and I’ll say it a million more.... people have no clue as to what racism even is anymore.

How the fuck is a black pumpkin even remotely close to blackface?

By this far reach we should probably kill off all the black dogs out there.... it’s obviously just as offensive. The dogs are black and they are dogs so by having them around we are saying black people are dogs.

I know.... fucking stupid right? But that is the same kind of stretch we see day after day.

Blackface was a form of comedy that took every bit of stereotype and gross generalization about the black community and then exaggerated those by about a million to entertain whites by poking fun at those exaggerations. It’s actually pretty disgusting and revolting.

The point here however is.... anything you see today is not even remotely close to that.

Like note even close.

So again.... people don’t even know what racism is anymore. And that is sad. Maybe if we weren’t so worried about such terrible things like black pumpkins and other nonsense we could actually sit down and have some meaningful dialogue about actually trying to improve relations. Instead we take knees during national anthems, fingerpoint, try to get even, coin new terms to cause shit and divisiveness such as white privilege (lol btw - I’d love to share my white privilege moments with anyone - fuck lol). and do other useless things that will never be part of any solution, only contribute to or create a fucking problem.
You forgot the black cats.Those are definitely evil.

I’m so happy we live in such a progressive (read oppressive) society where we can have people’s feelings hurt and then so quickly and properly corrected. The world is going to be such a better place for my son. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️