Boom, next on the list...I am not against this tbh

BUT it is just another thing where autonomy and AI and tech is coming in fast...Real fast...

So you just disconnect the battery or install a kill switch and turn power off when u park. Until they do like the smartphones. I used to remove the battery for private secure in person conversations, but now u cant do that either.

So you just disconnect the battery or install a kill switch and turn power off when u park. Until they do like the smartphones. I used to remove the battery for private secure in person conversations, but now u cant do that either.
It is not that easy with an autonomous vehicles electric cars...It is more like the new phones amigo....You cannot just disconnect the positive cable like your gas vehicle...I hear what you are saying...

At the end of the day, a repo man would come collect regardless. The worst are cars with subscriptions to unlock horsepower or activate your heated seats. Glad my rig is as lo-fi as possible!

At the end of the day, a repo man would come collect regardless. The worst are cars with subscriptions to unlock horsepower or activate your heated seats. Glad my rig is as lo-fi as possible!
Yes they are making apps to have a power seat, or cruise control and a bunch of other items i have seen..Thats brutal, but price point is same or higher than when they had as normal options. Ford is getting in trouble for price gouging and we see it a lot recently, their prices are way beyond reasonable..

Love to see it drive itself back when I have it on jackstands..lol
Lol well I’ll just pay my bills and avoid the back strains. Lol
Point is another tech item creeping in on us, not how to keep your stolen car. Lol
Which it is if not paid for.

Wow crazy thanks for sharing.

I heard of Tesla actually locking people out of their vehicle for not upgrading some software or parts. Not sure if it’s true, can’t remember where I saw it.

Haha yea I will never make payments again on a vehicle. Shit like this makes me want to go back to carburetor.
I bought a 72 chevy last weekend, truck, great shape, just needs some engine tranny and paint and of course sky is the limit. .But it is a 283 ci i believe in it now...It runs well, but its only a 2 barrel, i am seeking a 350 or 327 and a 2 speed power glide torque converter and tranny to suit...I am on the hunt if you have any sources...

I bought a 72 chevy last weekend, truck, great shape, just needs some engine tranny and paint and of course sky is the limit. .But it is a 283 ci i believe in it now...It runs well, but its only a 2 barrel, i am seeking a 350 or 327 and a 2 speed power glide torque converter and tranny to suit...I am on the hunt if you have any sources...
They are awesome trucks, Gone up in value alot in the last few years. I dont know too many chevy guys. Most guys are doing the LS swaps in them now. Cheap and reliable.

waay too much potential for abuse or failures for me, millions of scenarios in my lil brain. Here's one - ur out hunting a million miles from nowhere (EDIT- with no cell service) and some kind of banking fuck up makes it appear that you are in arrears so they shut your truck off. 3 weeks later the find what's left of a bears lunch wearing your boots laying beside your truck.
Or government overreach of course.

Last edited:
waay too much potential for abuse or failures for me, millions of scenarios in my lil brain. Here's one - ur out hunting a million miles from nowhere (EDIT- with no cell service) and some kind of banking fuck up makes it appear that you are in arrears so they shut your truck off. 3 weeks later the find what's left of a bears lunch wearing your boots laying beside your truck.
Or government overreach of course.
Agreed, i am seeing the over reach, but again, i hope one wouldn't be getting locked out for a late payment..
Either way, i am not for trying to keep a vehicle not paid for, but i am also against over reach from THE MAN...lol...It is just a very different world and changing toute suite it seems..

Or chain the rear diff to a lamp pole
The funny thing is I did this years ago when I was younger. We had 4 or 5 cars in the alley in calgary and the neighbors called the cops on us for them not being registered. My buddys car had a blown motor so we wrapped a chain around the diff and ran it into the garage and sunk a bunch of insterts into the concrete floor. Then closed the door..lol

Fm! I'm getting to old for this world and the bullshit it keeps dumping on us.
I'd set the fucking car on fire if I seen it start to drive away on its own. All it takes is a glitch in the Financials and it.drive away. Lol it's gonna burn 🔥

It is not that easy with an autonomous vehicles electric cars...It is more like the new phones amigo....You cannot just disconnect the positive cable like your gas vehicle...I hear what you are saying...
Actually they still have 12v batteries to run everything else, computers, accessories etc. Just the powertrain is high voltage. So disconnecting the 12v would still yield it as disabled.