Bloodwork - Naturopath

ABMonkey

PCTing.
Trusted Member
Does anyone know whether or not we can open about PED use with a naturopath and whether bloodwork goes on your general file/available for GP to see?

I'm going to get setup with an appointment as I can get whatever BW I'd like and its pretty reasonable but I'm just wondering if I should be honest or still have to hide it.

I think I've read that it is considered private medical and isn't governed by Canadian medical nor does it go on your record. You could always call and ask anonymously.

I've been considering this route especially since lcg is down for now. I wouldn't mind more BW options as well, any idea how much thatd cost?

I had bloodwork done by Dynacare, requisitioned by an ND in Ontario. Paid out of pocket.
A couple years later I went to the same Dynacare lab for GP requisitioned OHIP covered tests.
Dynacare had nothing on file from the previous tests.

I had bloodwork done by Dynacare, requisitioned by an ND in Ontario. Paid out of pocket.
A couple years later I went to the same Dynacare lab for GP requisitioned OHIP covered tests.
Dynacare had nothing on file from the previous tests.
This is what I wanted to hear.

I think I've read that it is considered private medical and isn't governed by Canadian medical nor does it go on your record. You could always call and ask anonymously.

I've been considering this route especially since lcg is down for now. I wouldn't mind more BW options as well, any idea how much thatd cost?
I'm going book an appointment and check. It's $250 for the consult then probably the same for the labs. My work covers naturopathy so I'll just have to pay for the labs, which is fine.

Afaik it is all attached to your Care card #. As long as you do not provide them with the number, which would prevent them from billing the gov it should be fine. For the Uber paranoid or overly anal pay with actual cash and you could even give a false name. Fake mustache and wig, identifying as a female, arriving in a rental car and burner phone are optional (but enjoyable)

I would directly ask them them if any billing to gov will be done, putting the the consult through your insurance may cloud the issue somewhat as I'd assume they would ask for care card # at intake.

My blood work showed up on my provincial medical record, the req was given to me by a naturopath and I had the bloods done at dyna care or life labs ( this was about 2 years ago when the transition of labs was happening ) the way it looks is any blood work done by labs gets thrown on a report somewhere, this may be just my province as well 🤷‍♂️ Only way to truly know is to ask your naturo.

I'll add that I put my ND requisition through my insurance, and it did not show up on either lifelabs nor in the OLIS database.
Also, in Ontario you have the right to block access to any lab results on OLIS, but it requires an application be filled out. I did not fill out that form.

I'm going book an appointment and check. It's $250 for the consult then probably the same for the labs. My work covers naturopathy so I'll just have to pay for the labs, which is fine.
I recently did this, but it was only $100 for the consult, and $60 for a full hormone panel. I'm hoping my benefits covers a portion of it as well, going to find out today.

I recently did this, but it was only $100 for the consult, and $60 for a full hormone panel. I'm hoping my benefits covers a portion of it as well, going to find out today.
Definitely post back Bro. Been weighing this as an option

Typically your extended benefits only cover the consult portion of your ND experience. The labs get expensive and they aren't covered. If you live near the US border you can always zip across (once it opens) and use Labcorp. That's what I do. SOOOO much cheaper

Does anyone know whether or not we can open about PED use with a naturopath and whether bloodwork goes on your general file/available for GP to see?

I'm going to get setup with an appointment as I can get whatever BW I'd like and its pretty reasonable but I'm just wondering if I should be honest or still have to hide it.
I did this years ago
I was honest with him and he said he'd rather monitor me than have no medical supervision...he said doesnt look like you plan on stopping what you are doing any time soon.

I pay consult and bloods. It's not cheap but it's not recorded

Naturopath is all private brother my ND has known for years since I first started PED all my health is monitored through an ND so it does not go in my file

I did this years ago
I was honest with him and he said he'd rather monitor me than have no medical supervision...he said doesnt look like you plan on stopping what you are doing any time soon.

I pay consult and bloods. It's not cheap but it's not recorded
How much does your lab work generally cost? I know consult is $250.

So some further information regarding those who would be looking at using a Naturopath for bloodwork...

"I’m not aware of any lab in Alberta that doesn’t report through Netcare (and you have to be an MD to order...)"

That's straight from a MD I asked regarding the matter. So all BW will be on file and your GP etc could see it if they so wished.

For routine health stuff probably fine but just be wary of BW with test out of range etc.