Bloodwork Clinic - GTA

Funtime_jake

Well, it finally happened. My family doctor for the past 35 years retired! Best GP in the GTA, worked until he was around 80!

So now I’m wondering where do I go to get my bloodwork done? I thinks this a safe and legal question...are there any clinics in the GTA where you can pay for a req for hormone tests? I’m ok paying $100 every few months.

TIA

Well, it finally happened. My family doctor for the past 35 years retired! Best GP in the GTA, worked until he was around 80!

So now I’m wondering where do I go to get my bloodwork done? I thinks this a safe and legal question...are there any clinics in the GTA where you can pay for a req for hormone tests? I’m ok paying $100 every few months.

TIA
Ask your new doctor if they will do it on a harm reduction basis, its there job to make sure you are healthy/OK even if using something off the street. If your doctor turns you away after openly asking for help then keep looking for a new one IMO.

Find a new GP and have your medical file transferred so they know you’ve been getting tested regularly and you wanna keep going. If they reject, try another doctor.

Ask your new doctor if they will do it on a harm reduction basis, its there job to make sure you are healthy/OK even if using something off the street. If your doctor turns you away after openly asking for help then keep looking for a new one IMO.
That’s the thing.

It’s not easy to find a GP these days. Many aren’t taking new patients.

I’m going to use my wife’s doc, since he’s doing my wife and kids, he will take me on.

But I don’t want him involved with bloodwork bro.

I’m cool with paying.

That’s the thing.

I’m going to use my wife’s doc, since he’s doing my wife and kids, he will take me on.

I’m cool with paying.
There is a program you can use to find a new doctor, its true it takes some time but I'd rather wait 6 months for a good doctor than be stuck with a shitty one for a years. As for paid blood work I'm sure any TRT clinic can help you out.

That’s the thing.

I’m cool with payingy
There is a program you can use to find a new doctor, its true it takes some time but I'd rather wait 6 months for a good doctor than be stuck with a shitty one for a years. As for paid blood work I'm sure any TRT clinic can help you out.

Think about it tho.

You wait 6 months to get a doc, and then he doesn’t want to do the bloodwork every few months, because he doesn’t agree with your personal decisions. Then what? You wait another 6 months and try with another doctor?

Honestly, I’m not a liberal. We should be paying for bloodwork, it’s our choice.

I’d rather just pay and control this aspect of my healthy. I rarely see my doctor anyways. Most of my visits are with chiros for sports injuries.

I’m surprised, I thought there would be more options for this.

Anyone with a doctor license want to start a business lol.

Are you following up with them? That seems a little strange, it took me 6-8 months after moving but could be different depending on where you live.
I also called every single doctor here and no one is taking. My wifes won’t take me. I am not alone

That’s the thing.

I’m cool with payingy

Think about it tho.

You wait 6 months to get a doc, and then he doesn’t want to do the bloodwork every few months, because he doesn’t agree with your personal decisions. Then what? You wait another 6 months and try with another doctor?

Honestly, I’m not a liberal. We should be paying for bloodwork, it’s our choice.

I’d rather just pay and control this aspect of my healthy. I rarely see my doctor anyways. Most of my visits are with chiros for sports injuries.

I wish you could just use an online doc and ask for bloodwork and you pay, I would be fine with that as well.

That’s the thing.

I’m cool with payingy

Think about it tho.

Seems to be the case... I've had the run around with doctors all my life and finally found a semi-decent one. I understand its frustrating but just trying to help!

Seems to be the case... I've had the run around with doctors all my life and finally found a semi-decent one. I understand its frustrating but just trying to help!
Thanks bro!

I’m in my 40s now, so bloodwork is more on mind these days (vs when I was in 20s and thought I was invincible).

I wish you could just use an online doc and ask for bloodwork and you pay, I would be fine with that as well.
You in the GTA bro?

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who can’t find an experienced doctor. I mean I got one now, but again, it’s because my wife and kids are already patients.

I’ll let you know if I find a bloodwork clinic. I’ve seen a couple, but wanted to get feedback from the forum before booking.

Here’s what I got so far just using google.

You in the GTA bro?

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who can’t find an experienced doctor. I mean I got one now, but again, it’s because my wife and kids are already patients.

I’ll let you know if I find a bloodwork clinic. I’ve seen a couple, but wanted to get feedback from the forum before booking.

Here’s what I got so far just using google.

I am couple hours out of GTA.

So not enough doctors for the population here.

I am couple hours out of GTA.

So not enough doctors for the population here.
Got it done via online doctor covered by ohip.

They are basically virtual walk-in clinics.

Faster and easier than seeing my GP. Super happy. Same day appointment and req was sent within minutes. Did bloodwork the next morning.

DMd you the website.

Got it done via online doctor covered by ohip.

They are basically virtual walk-in clinics.

Faster and easier than seeing my GP. Super happy. Same day appointment and req was sent within minutes. Did bloodwork the next morning.

DMd you the website.
Which service did you end up using? I came across GetMaple which seems similar to what you used but haven't tried them out yet