Blood Pressure remedy

Goldenrod

Staff member
I have posted about this before but this is one of the better ones and for new members who don't monitor their blood pressure start. If it is high and you want to use a very reasonable priced supplement try Black Seed Oil / Nigella Sativa (same product).

If your looking for evidence:

The first item that shows up some medical sites is often:
"
The results indicate that daily intake of 5 mL N. sativa seed oil lowers systolic and diastolic BPs in healthy volunteers without adverse effects on hepatic and renal functions. The average 8.17% reduction in systolic BP and 12.46% reduction in diastolic BP"

There are also studies that showed it was better than placebo but not that much better.
Regardless, there is enough evidence to add it to my supplement regimen - not saying this is the best but I use Life Extensions:

Each pill has 500 mg and it is not out of the ordinary for me to take 1000 AM and PM. In particular my BP goes up with HGH so I use that amount when I know it will go up. Otherwise 500 mg twice a day is more than used in most studies. Not a doc - just a suggestion and the decision is up to you. There are quite a few who have tried this supplement and it is cheap at vitacost in the US with good results.
If you have high BP, it is worth a try albeit Carleson's fish oil is a product I reach for too and will go up to 10,000 mg if needed and reduce it as my BP goes down,
Just info for the members and yes this a repeat of studies I have put in the health section but we should never ignore our BP.

Thanks for sharing your experience managing blood pressure with Black Seed Oil. It's always helpful to hear about natural remedies that people find effective. I appreciate you providing the link to the study as well, it's reassuring to see some scientific backing behind it. I've heard about Black Seed Oil before but haven't tried it myself. I might look into adding it to my supplement routine based on your recommendation. And hey, if you're interested, I came across some interesting info about Protein Overload in hair recently that you might find useful. Just thought I'd pass it along! Thanks again for sharing your insights.

Last edited:
I have been taking black seed oil for about 6 months, thought I would try after reading previous posts by Goldenrod.

2000mg per day, 2-3% thymoquinone by Naka brand; organic, cold pressed, etc.

I can attest to its efficacy in lowering BP, I generally tested around 124-126/72-74. In the 6+ months since introduction I test regularly at 118-120/68-70. Does this mean it works, possibly, though, I have dropped a bit of fat in the last year so it’s had to say yes.

Hasn't hurt but tastes like death, consume with food or it’s near unpalatable.

I have been taking black seed oil for about 6 months, thought I would try after reading previous posts by Goldenrod.

2000mg per day, 2-3% thymoquinone by Naka brand; organic, cold pressed, etc.

I can attest to its efficacy in lowering BP, I generally tested around 124-126/72-74. In the 6+ months since introduction I test regularly at 118-120/68-70. Does this mean it works, possibly, though, I have dropped a bit of fat in the last year so it’s had to say yes.

Hasn't hurt but tastes like death, consume with food or it’s near unpalatable.
Buy it in pill form and you won't taste it. I usually get Life Extensions 500 mg pill bottles.
Good luck

Buy it in pill form and you won't taste it. I usually get Life Extensions 500 mg pill bottles.
Good luck
I have switched to tablets/gel caps. Depends on the order I consume them with food. If they go down first I’m ok, if I wait before eating they’ll break open.

Taste is similar to oil of oregano for those familiar.