Blood Donation.

Grey Beard

Trusted Member
Going to donate blood while on holidays, dont have acess to blood bank where I live.

I live in B.C. When i donate will they ask for my care card number? Will they know which perscriptions I am using?

I have a script for Test, tadadifil and an arb.

Is there anything I should stop before donating?

Thanks in advance,

GB

Not sure how it works in BC.

In Ontario you do a questionnaire. One of the question is have you taken illegal steriods? First they aren’t illegal, second I have a script. I used to tell them about my test script but it added a bunch of time while they looked it up and it was always fine, so I’ve stopped telling them about the test.

In AB i dont think i ever showed a health card. Just a bunch of pretty funny questions. I remember one was something along the lines of " Have you ever had sex with a man in a European country?" Hahah. They check your hemoglobin and they checked my arms for track marks. Thats all i really remember. I never really stopped anything, Ive dontaed on a high dose of test and I was baked. Pretty sure they just throw my blood out

Have you anally violated a monkey lately? I'm thinking that may come up, seen something about it on the news but I only read the headlines so not sure. Hope this helps, it's all I got.
Oh wait, I do know that I have never given them the full list of drugs and they only ever look up the ones I tell them in a binder so I doubt they have access or at least don't use it.

Does plasma donation have the same benifits as blood donation. The clinic here is doing plasma only?

In AB i dont think i ever showed a health card. Just a bunch of pretty funny questions. I remember one was something along the lines of " Have you ever had sex with a man in a European country?" Hahah. They check your hemoglobin and they checked my arms for track marks. Thats all i really remember. I never really stopped anything, Ive dontaed on a high dose of test and I was baked. Pretty sure they just throw my blood out
So it only matters if they're gay Europeans, shit I thought this was 2022

Does plasma donation have the same benifits as blood donation. The clinic here is doing plasma only?
No, assuming you mean lowering hemoglobin concentration. Plasma is the watery stuff that the blood cells float around in so removing some would actually exacerbate the problem, albeit temporarily. Could also fuck with your electrolyte balance and hydration level. Definitely not the move if your concern is that your blood is too thick or susceptible to clotting.

I'd guess it might lower your blood pressure for a day or so or help you drop that last pound or two to make weight before a fight lol

I lol'd about the fight thing because that has been done with whole blood, take a a couple litres out before weigh in then put the red cells back in and add an IV drip = Making weight, more red cells for better endurance, stellar electrolyte balance if done right. I don't think this was super uncommon as little as 5-10 years ago. They'd also pull blood well in advance and only add back extra RBC's even if not doing it for cutting, a big thing in cycling, part of Lance Armstrong's scheme at times.