Best gyms ever

Griffin

Trusted Member
Been to a lot of gyms throughout Ont and mich . Popeyes in Kitchener stands out as my favourite with the old school warehouse feel, wood floors lots of windows and well maintained equipment. Not even sure if it"s still open

I honestly love the gym I’m at now. I was a member here all through highschool and then once I graduated I moved away and went to a couple other gyms all over. When I moved back to my home town and got a membership here it really made me appreciate it. I have yet to go to a gym I like as much as the one I’m currently at now.

Powerhouse Gym in Mississauga was pretty awesome, Global Gym in St. John`s was good... The premiere fitness, goodlife and other big box type gyms I can`t stand, but they definitely have more pussy to look at

I go to goodlife now, it's a pretty good gym. I recently switched to a "hardcore gym" that i left as soon as i could and went back to goodlife. It was a gym trying to be hardcore but missing all the hard core ppl and the true hard core atmosphere. My fav gym was Grims fitness in coquitlam BC, it's now called ultimate fitness. It's the best gym by far and i have a favourite strongman gym but it was in the states. We used to drive there on weekends just to train. Some of the best times of my life.

I have been to some pretty cool gyms in the states though competing and travelling. I think the USA has way better gyms than Canada does on average and way more competitive ppl and just a better atmosphere.

I can't stand gyms like planet fitness or fit4less who advertise this non judgement thing and all congregate together to tell ppl it's ok to go to the gym and still eat like shit and look like shit as long as well all do it together it's ok and they have the noise alarm. I walk in there and im totally out of place. Those places make me sick.

I go to goodlife now, it's a pretty good gym. I recently switched to a "hardcore gym" that i left as soon as i could and went back to goodlife. It was a gym trying to be hardcore but missing all the hard core ppl and the true hard core atmosphere. My fav gym was Grims fitness in coquitlam BC, it's now called ultimate fitness. It's the best gym by far and i have a favourite strongman gym but it was in the states. We used to drive there on weekends just to train. Some of the best times of my life.

I have been to some pretty cool gyms in the states though competing and travelling. I think the USA has way better gyms than Canada does on average and way more competitive ppl and just a better atmosphere.

I can't stand gyms like planet fitness or fit4less who advertise this non judgement thing and all congregate together to tell ppl it's ok to go to the gym and still eat like shit and look like shit as long as well all do it together it's ok and they have the noise alarm. I walk in there and im totally out of place. Those places make me sick.

I actually go to Fit4less right now.

Its garbage.

I'm the only guy there that busts his ass.
Everyone else wears 500$worth of gym clothes and hits weak ass sets.

I get dirty looks because I'm wearing a Tar stained hoodie, an old pair of shorts and I hit the weights with some Gusto.

I also have a squat rack and 400 Lbs at my office, it gets the job done for deads/squats and Bench

I actually go to Fit4less right now.

Its garbage.

I'm the only guy there that busts his ass.
Everyone else wears 500$worth of gym clothes and hits weak ass sets.

I get dirty looks because I'm wearing a Tar stained hoodie, an old pair of shorts and I hit the weights with some Gusto.

I also have a squat rack and 400 Lbs at my office, it gets the job done for deads/squats and Bench
Omg so funny...when I met my husband after we have been dating for a few months he asked me to get nicer gym clothes. I was like why what's wrong with my gym clothes? I issued to work out in old stained tank tops and tights. I thought i looked fine. I never look pretty when i work out and i don't try to.

I was personal training someone at fit4less in the past so I went there a couple times and there was a guy deadlifting 225 with mats under the plates and the girl at the desk kept ringing the too loud buzzard every time he did a rep. He wasn't even loud. Of course deadlifting 225 makes some noise but he wasn't dropping the weight or anything. He couldn't hear the noise alarm either because he had his music on. This gym also had pizza parties and candies on the tables as u walk in. Like wtf this is a gym not a pub.

Omg so funny...when I met my husband after we have been dating for a few months he asked me to get nicer gym clothes. I was like why what's wrong with my gym clothes? I issued to work out in old stained tank tops and tights. I thought i looked fine. I never look pretty when i work out and i don't try to.

I was personal training someone at fit4less in the past so I went there a couple times and there was a guy deadlifting 225 with mats under the plates and the girl at the desk kept ringing the too loud buzzard every time he did a rep. He wasn't even loud. Of course deadlifting 225 makes some noise but he wasn't dropping the weight or anything. He couldn't hear the noise alarm either because he had his music on. This gym also had pizza parties and candies on the tables as u walk in. Like wtf this is a gym not a pub.

Literally sounds like my gym.

I got talked to because I brought chalk in... I'm not a chalk monster and I don't leave a mess (I'm big on gym respect)

The problem is, my closest PL gym is in Scarborough and I'm in the GTA, i just dont have the time to hit it.

I dint mind the dirty looks, means I'm doing something right.
I'm always helpful to anyone who asks, it's not like I give out any dirty looks, but I'm here to train... not make friends.
Im always down to spot someone or help in any way.

I need to get started on my home gym... but I'm pretty sure the slab in my basement is 2 inches thick.... would destroy it eith DL

Edit
My gym attire is always the same...
I have 3 SIKA hoodies, from when they flew me out to Montreal for training....
Then I fucked them up tarring a suspended slab roof with bitumen waterproofing... so I look ridiculous... but it's super comfortable lol

Joined fit4less a while back im kinda cheap that way. Had to remove myself after about 3 months cause I started losing my shit on ppl . they were taking up weight stations while texting doing a set every 5-10 minutes, having phone conversations between sets , leaving there water bottles or towels on machines while they are talking to ppl across the gym, etc etc. was ending up throwing there stuff across the gym and blasting them. don't think that's proper conduct for a member. Im the type of guy that likes to get my shit done and out, if I can have a few laughs while doing it ,even better. Bit the bullet now ,ended up paying more for a much better. Guess the old saying goes ( you pay for what you get)

The buzzer thing is hilarious ! I definitely couldn't train at a place that buzzes you when you make noise . Five star fitness is my go to gym for the last 7 or 8 years and the price is good the atmosphere is great and most members are respectful to each other ....and most importantly they have everything you need for a great workout . can't ask for much more than that

The buzzer thing is hilarious ! I definitely couldn't train at a place that buzzes you when you make noise . Five star fitness is my go to gym for the last 7 or 8 years and the price is good the atmosphere is great and most members are respectful to each other ....and most importantly they have everything you need for a great workout . can't ask for much more than that

You should see the guy behind the counter on my Deadlift day lol.
Slapping the buzzer like a spazz with Tourettes