Back problems

Alapaha11

Trusted Member
Injured my back exercising at home and now I'm pretty much stuck in bed all day! I've had many injuries to my back and neck over the years and in the past it was always disc issues but this time it's a muscle issue ! I'm surprised at how much discomfort this is causing and back spasms hurt like a mofo lol. Having a dump puts me full spasm and wiping my ass is dangerous ! Might fall off the seat.

I have back and neck issues too and when they are bad - I stretch and ya it hurts even if it is just moving my arms around. Lay down with a pillow under your knees and I find a heating pad helps a lot. Methocarbomol can be purchased alone if you ask the pharmacist or it is mixed in with things like robaxacette. I take the full dose and it helps.
I hope you get better soon.

I have back and neck issues too and when they are bad - I stretch and ya it hurts even if it is just moving my arms around. Lay down with a pillow under your knees and I find a heating pad helps a lot. Methocarbomol can be purchased alone if you ask the pharmacist or it is mixed in with things like robaxacette. I take the full dose and it helps.
I hope you get better soon.
Thanks

B4AAEBFA-3438-4F3A-A7FE-A91B3E562264.jpegIt’s too bad we are on lockdown because massage therapy is the best thing for this.
Do you own a tennis ball? Put it in a sock and lean against the wall, rolling the full length of the muscle belly going slowly to help release the muscle.
Look up Mackenzie exercises and nerve flossing.

Also you can buy attachments for you jigsaw off Amazon to make it a percussion massager.
Here is my beautiful beast. That jig saw I stole from my dad, like 40 years old, I did relube the gear box so it was quieter. Btw my massage therapist bought a real one for $600 and it feels exactly the same just a bit louder and cost me a big $30. When I need a jig saw, I reinstall the base plate and put in a blade, lol. Seriously we all own jig saws, but how much do you really use it?

I use it every day.

Foam roller is great also, only buy the normal flat not bumpy one.

Eventually you can graduate to a lacrosse ball. I can now roll on the floor with it, mainly pain free. At first though, when rolling my hips, I had to calm myself from the excruciating pain I would get.

I have started to realize a lot of our issues is related to muscle tightness.

View attachment 4194It’s too bad we are on lockdown because massage therapy is the best thing for this.
Do you own a tennis ball? Put it in a sock and lean against the wall, rolling the full length of the muscle belly going slowly to help release the muscle.

Also you can buy attachments for you jigsaw off Amazon to make it a percussion massager.
Here is my beautiful beast. That jig saw I stole from my dad, like 40 years old, I did relube the gear box so it was quieter. Btw my massage therapist bought a real one for $600 and it feels exactly the same just a bit louder and cost me a big $30. When I need a jig saw, I reinstall the base plate and put in a blade, lol. Seriously we all own jig saws, but how much do you really use it?

I use it every day.

Eventually you can graduate to a lacrosse ball. I can now roll on the floor with it, mainly pain free. At first though, when rolling my hips, I had to calm myself from the excruciating pain I would get.

bringing out your sex toys again Sorbate lol.

I have a lot of back problems with generative bones disease and muscle spasms. Try ordering some “Theraworx relief” it’s amazing on muscle cramps & spasm relief. Epsom salt and a hot bath works amazing as well.

View attachment 4194It’s too bad we are on lockdown because massage therapy is the best thing for this.

I use it every day.

That's awesome

Here you go, even the link. That’s the one I use. I find the big and little ball the best.
Thanks

Decompression?How low?How did you injure yourself?Squatting or pulling?

Pulling ! Very low on my back . I have 3 herniated discs and they haven't bothered me in a few years but from having injuring my back many times I can tell the difference between a pulled muscle and disc issues ....only this time I think I may have not only pulled a muscle but also aggravated my disc's !

Pulling ! Very low on my back . I have 3 herniated discs and they haven't bothered me in a few years but from having injuring my back many times I can tell the difference between a pulled muscle and disc issues ....only this time I think I may have not only pulled a muscle but also aggravated my disc's !
Why are you doing Dead's with your disc problems?Flexion plus compression is not good for you.Weighted hypers,reverse hypers?Rack pulls?

No deads..haven't done those in 25 yrs ! It was cable rows that hurt my back
Too much leaning,used to do the same.Chest supported or lower the weight and go strict,that's what I do now,8-12,or higher,rows on a smithy and no upper body movement except for the arms.

I hear ya ....I'm usually very strict and moderate weight but obviously this time I fucked up ! Damn I'm even carful getting off the shitter ....many years ago I got up from the shitter and tweaked my back lol . Was in pain for weeks from that one and the wife still teases me about it to this day