Are you prepared for the worse case scenario re the CoronaVirus ??

Taureau

Administrator
From the way things are going in here and in the United States it is logical to say things might get a lot worse before they get better. I think if we sacrifice now we will have things back to a more normal state quicker then if we drag it out. Meaning a full lock down of some sort. So those infected can be identified and quarantined.

If this happens are you prepared? I know I am not.

I bought a large stock of basic meds to fight a fevour and a cough when this virus first hit and I do have enough toilet paper for the next six months. But do not have enough food to last the 3 or so weeks of lock down. Today my goal is to make a list of essential items and start to buy them.

Are you prepared?? What do you think is going to happen over this next short while????

A full lock down is coming, I've been saying this for weeks. They had to try the voluntary one first though cause it would be hard in our society to go directly to a police state without all the social justice warriors getting their shorts in a knot. By doing it the way they did, they can show that it being voluntary didn't work and that much tougher conditions need to be applied. Our work gave us travel papers over a week ago. That we could give to the police if we were stopped asking us where we were going. They knew it was coming and I'm sure it is too. Other than traveling to work (for those places that are still running) and going to get food on your assigned days everyone will be home 24/7 for a while. I suspect they will do something like they did in the 70's for gas rationing. If your license plate is odd you can buy gas on certain days if it was even you could buy on certain days. In our case it will be to buy food and gas. Other than that and work if you still had a work to go to you will be home.

Border screening between Quebec and Ontario is happening now

Motorists will be greeted by random police checkpoints along the Gatineau-Ottawa border as Quebec ramps up its battle to limit the spread of COVID-19.

The Quebec Government announced that starting at 12 p.m. on April 1, police will be deployed in the Outaouais region aiming to “limit non-essential movements” between Ontario and Quebec.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Surete du Quebec and Gatineau Police set up checkpoints on the Macdonald-Cartier Bridge and Champlain Bridge. A checkpoint was set up on the Alexandra Bridge early Wednesday evening.

I believe that it is what is needed. Too many people are still doing their own thing. Too many individuals and not enough citizens. Our charter of rights and freedoms can be overridden when the benifits to society outweigh the loss of rights. Ride checks are the perfect example. Stopping random people to see if they have been drinking is an infridgement on our rights. BUT the courts have deemed that infrigment as minor VS the benifts to society as a whole of getting drunk drivers off the road. The same will be deemed here too I suspect.

I do worry that if these draconian measures are put in place, the government will be reluctant to fully roll them back. Governments are great at taking power, not so good at relinquishing it. Will random police checks become the status quo?

That said, what is the alternative? Giving people free reign during this crisis isn't working either.

Am I prepared? Sort of. We have a small freezer that is pretty full, a decent stock of canned food. It could last us a few weeks I figure.

I'm considering ordering a few of these to mitigate the need for TP:

Full lock down one more grocery run and my household is secure. Cameras up and running fresh water barrels full. Full surplus of diapers & medical supplies. Camp is prepped for the absolute worst. Bug out bags fully loaded and ready. All hunting gear cleaned and ready to rock.

Not paranoid, just safe.

Regards
SonOfOdin

I keep 2 weeks of food for my family plus a deep freeze and pantry with lots of chef Boyardee. If things really go to shit.
I've trained my wife to shoot a rifle but I think she feels more comfortable with my 9mm. Being comfortable is important because she had a bear spray incident last year. She scared the aggressive dog with her screaming lol.
I have a stock of Amox/clav, azithromycin for secondary bacterial pneumonia. I also have several Ventolin and Atrovent inhalers.

I live in eastern Canada and I'm already noticing some small shortages in the grocery store. With the closure of international borders and now provincial travel restrictions I fear its not going to be the virus that we need to worry about but a break in logistical supply chain. Also even if there is food on the shelf if people cant afford to feed there family life will get ugly very quickly.

Reading these replies makes me worry. We have enough food basics to last 7-10 days, but then we're in trouble. But I don't think Ford will close grocery stores completely because then people will panic and God knows what will happen. I understand staying at home to keep everyone safe and I am, but thinking about it rationally, am I going to infect or be infected by just going to the grocery store and making sure I social distance, and wash my hands when I get home. I've seen the news and the reports on the number of cases that have jumped dramatically the last couple of days. I think the federal government should have shut the country down way earlier than it did.

From the way things are going in here and in the United States it is logical to say things might get a lot worse before they get better. I think if we sacrifice now we will have things back to a more normal state quicker then if we drag it out. Meaning a full lock down of some sort. So those infected can be identified and quarantined.

If this happens are you prepared? I know I am not.

I bought a large stock of basic meds to fight a fevour and a cough when this virus first hit and I do have enough toilet paper for the next six months. But do not have enough food to last the 3 or so weeks of lock down. Today my goal is to make a list of essential items and start to buy them.

Are you prepared?? What do you think is going to happen over this next short while????
1 freezer is full of moose, another one full of codfish, still eatin the last of my vegetables I grew last summer, and I've got my hydroponics setup out and ready to grow spinach, peppers and tomatoes and maybe a little weed lol, time is coming again soon to start planting again. Wife bakes all our bread and loaded up on flour weeks ago, I raise chickens, turkeys and pigs and barter meat and es with a local guy who raises his own cattle. I have gym set up in the basement, enough test to last a year and 4 kits of GH on hand, every jerry can i own is full of gas, 2 generators are full and ready to go, vehicles are all topped up, and ham radios and a few other things I can run off solar. Ordered 10lbs of protein this morning and the wife picked up another 400 bucks worth of rub. Low on toilet paper, but i have a garden hose and I'm not afraid to use it :D

Not prepared like i would like to but i'm not in a bad position at all.
2 freezer full, fridge full, lots of cans and dry stuff (pasta,rice,floor etc). Maybe 50lbs of protein. We do all our meals, we cook a lot and bbq season is getting there! Multivits, greens, probiotics and more. Insulin for a year. House protection.
I got my own gym, enough gear and pct if i need to (really don't want, but we never know).
Just need to stock gasoline and antiotics and i'll be fine for a while.

Now getting some things are a lot harder since they close the NB border. Only have access to Metro and Drugstore, maybe walmart and iga too but i need to do and hour of traveling to get there.
I'm pretty sure they won't close grocery/drugstore, but when everyone will get their gov. paycheck and empty all the shelves i don't want to be there telling myself i should have...

So you have water/food/tissue/guns but have you figured in that you have a good chance of dying-one of you in your home is as likely as not-are you prepared for that-Wills/insurance/logistics.If it is you is your significant other/son/daughter prepared to take over???Just saying

You dont want to know what i think is coming. Lol. But i am mostly prepared. Food, water, gravity feed water purification, guns, ammo, fuel and some firewood.
i suspect we will see break ins, food theft, chaos in cities (that why i went to the woods). Too many people not prepared. $1000 hand outs dont go very far. Food will run low. Money will run out. People will be desperate. Not tomorrow, but this will not be over any time soon. Can see videos of stores boarding up. They know whats coming.
will be keeping food storage toped up as long as available. Getting ready to hunt my food if need be.
also working on my cardio for combat! Lol

So you have water/food/tissue/guns but have you figured in that you have a good chance of dying-one of you in your home is as likely as not-are you prepared for that-Wills/insurance/logistics.If it is you is your significant other/son/daughter prepared to take over???Just saying
These are pretty much all in check also. Some little things still to be done but the majority is done
Good things that you mentioned it, a lot of people don't prepare for these

You dont want to know what i think is coming. Lol. But i am mostly prepared. Food, water, gravity feed water purification, guns, ammo, fuel and some firewood.
i suspect we will see break ins, food theft, chaos in cities (that why i went to the woods). Too many people not prepared. $1000 hand outs dont go very far. Food will run low. Money will run out. People will be desperate. Not tomorrow, but this will not be over any time soon. Can see videos of stores boarding up. They know whats coming.
will be keeping food storage toped up as long as available. Getting ready to hunt my food if need be.
Nailed it!!!

l
Simp

Your right on this. I am looking into these matters myself. It's been on my mind

Simple thing like a place where u have all your passwords stored in case family needs access
There are lots more things as well

One thing we all need to do is have the life saving measures conversation with parents over 70 or have serious health conditions. Its a hard conversation to have but its better then arguing with family members and face life long guilt for decisions made or not made.

agreed, I am ready to roll and live in the bush. I am ready for trespassers with ill intent, well as ready as my knowledge is, im sure I am missing somethings for protection etc.
foodwise I am good, my only worry is my wife and I are still working and I worry more about my co workers and some of them are not worried enough imo. there is still a gym in town open and it is busier than ever. nuts.
I pick up my bench and some free weights this weekend along with my bowflex extreme se 2.
Yes I said it, I bought a fukn bowflex.
I am quite excited to see how good we can do with some bowflex training, I got the upgrades to 410 lbs.
I may log my progress in this corona time.
Backed right off to 150 mgs every 10 days of test.
I will up the cycke a bit once I start training .
I was using hay bales and water jugs, so this is an upgrade. We bought a SPIN BIKE and with summer close now I am going to focus on getting healthy and see how I can make changes to my body. I believe we will be on full lockdown soon also, Quads and camper ready to go as if we are sent home I will be outside many many hours per day. I live in hunting paradise and have moose elk and deer on our land . I have a wicked crossbow Barnett ghost 415 if silence is required and many guns etc if I need to do anything else. solar panels, generators, a water distiller I can make 8 gallons per day with and the list goes on.

Food is the only concern, we are stocked for up to 1 month. I'm slowly adding more as we go.

As far as ammo goes, years ago I had a phase where I couldn't pass up a good deal so I'm sitting on ~70k rounds.

I don't see us going into full lockdown, but time will tell.