anyone do a DNA ancestry test?

animal-inside

Trusted Member
I was given a 23and me DNA test as a gift. I'm spitting in it and sending it off tomorrow.

I don't have a lot of worry about what happens with my DNA despite what many ppl think. Canada has laws now protecting you from insurance companies etc..

I am doing it because I have no clue about my ancestry other than where my parents were born. I know where my aunts and uncles are and where they were born. But it ends there. I couldn't tell you if my grandparents were born in Canada or not. I couldn't tell you what country my grandparents are from etc.. The list goes on about what I don't know.. So I figured I'd give it a go.

So I am sure the companies are sharing your DNA with the Law Enforcement people and everyone goes into their data base plus selling it to drug and insurance companies to be used against you.Be very afraid.

i really don't care where anyone is from. i don't care about all this heritage BS.
My family have to know these lineages for their Masonry rituals or something, so i could always ask them if i ever cared.

Born alone. Live alone. Die alone.

Trust Nobody.

So I am sure the companies are sharing your DNA with the Law Enforcement people and everyone goes into their data base plus selling it to drug and insurance companies to be used against you.Be very afraid.

I recommend you go to their website and read their terms and conditions. You have choices of what happens with your data and the terms and conditions are very clear.

I am sure someone would have filed a lawsuit if information was used in ways which violate their terms and conditions.

As far as law enforcement getting my DNA.. They don't get it from 23andme.. They can get it if they have court order to do so if I am a suspect. Either way, I've commited no crimes and dont plan on it in the future.

i really don't care where anyone is from. i don't care about all this heritage BS.
My family have to know these lineages for their Masonry rituals or something, so i could always ask them if i ever cared.

Born alone. Live alone. Die alone.

Trust Nobody.

Its great that you have access to your lineage, but I don't have that luxury.

I wouldn't do the DNA test if I knew my heritage. I wouldn't do it if I was sure I have no chance of learning something that might surprise me.

Again like I stated above.. My life isn't going to change if someone has my DNA profile. Odds are very very high I'll live out my natural life without so much as anything more than a speeding ticket.

Not sure how real any of the results are. My mom and 4 of her brothers had it done and they all came back with different heritages 🤷‍♂️

I've heard thigns like that.

I also think people need to carefully read how to interpet the results. It explains how you could come back 4% asian, but there's only a 50% chance of you being 4% asian. If it comes back 80% northern eropean, theres a much more lieklyhood than 50% that you are a good chunk northern european. I can't explain it well, but the website has clear instructions how to interpet the results.

Not sure how real any of the results are. My mom and 4 of her brothers had it done and they all came back with different heritages 🤷‍♂️

I always thought about the possibility that this whole thing is just a cash grab. No science involved just a big sign at the front of some building and a hot secretary sitting behind security glass in front of a big wall. Other side of the wall, a 10 x 10 room, 2 computers, a printer and just fucking wreked medicianl marijuana advocate watching cartoons and eating cheetos while he pumps out order after order and then giggles himself to sleep at night.

Nah I'm way too paranoid about my privacy to go for something like that. Just carrying around my gps/camera/mic-enabled smartphone all day makes my skin crawl when I think about it.

In China the govt spies on their citizens, over here we spy on ourselves in the name of convenience.

I always thought about the possibility that this whole thing is just a cash grab. No science involved just a big sign at the front of some building and a hot secretary sitting behind security glass in front of a big wall. Other side of the wall, a 10 x 10 room, 2 computers, a printer and just fucking wreked medicianl marijuana advocate watching cartoons and eating cheetos while he pumps out order after order and then giggles himself to sleep at night.

I’ve seen the inside of one of the companies that makes these kits.... its a little more sophisticated than that.... there’s 4 computes and 2 printers! Lol

J/k - no they are made in a proper clean room under negative pressure. It’s a huge business right now. The place also makes medical equipment but this is what is growing the company.

I did it. I was a great experience. I learned a lot about my mother's background. Found out my great grandfather and my great uncle a buried in a small town cemetery just south of Algonquin Park. Expanded my father's tree back 12 generations.

Also I found out that I have a few great aunts and uncles who have been in contact. Although I am weary of getting to know them too much.

I admit I'm a pretty paranoid, anti government, personal freedom guy.. I did a ton of reading before doing the test and I am comfortable doing it

I also bought pot from the registered government grow website.. Didn't feel like my infomation of buying 5 grams of pot was in danger of causing me any grief in the future.

Agree.Numerous large breaches of patient data here in Alberta.
I know too much of my family already. I’m trying to stay away from them. 🤣
Too funny.

I've heard thigns like that.

I also think people need to carefully read how to interpet the results. It explains how you could come back 4% asian, but there's only a 50% chance of you being 4% asian. If it comes back 80% northern eropean, theres a much more lieklyhood than 50% that you are a good chunk northern european. I can't explain it well, but the website has clear instructions how to interpet the results.
I read an article on this,without I believe the mothers complete screening there can be some small but significant errors.

My dad picked up a kit but we got my son to do it so it covered my wife’s side. The results were pretty much as expected except the high percentage of Scandinavian which isn’t a surprise considering all the raping and pillaging that went on.

My dad picked up a kit but we got my son to do it so it covered my wife’s side. The results were pretty much as expected except the high percentage of Scandinavian which isn’t a surprise considering all the raping and pillaging that went on.
Where?