Anybody else skipping more and more vegetables these days?

Vegetables contain naturally-occurring defensive chemicals ( phytochemicaks) that are designed to harm creatures that try to feast upon them. These chemicals are very toxic to living cells, however, the concentrations that exist in most types of whole vegetables may be relatively safe for most people to eat in moderation. Our food guides idea of what moderation is is 50 to 75 % vegtables and 25% protein
PortionSizes_en0d599d43e23433ab1c2aa653f140a7e5.jpg

Im so confused by this post. “Yes, there’s benefits to eating vegetables, but also look at this that and the other that makes them bad.” All this and most of us pin random chemicals from China into our muscles knowing they’ll deter our health.
I would find it very hard to believe eating vegetables is much worse than not eating them at all. Speaking out of necessity is one thing, but then to flip the necessity into “oh well it’s actually bad because of xyz so really I’m just doing the right thing” is a very different narrative imo.

Im so confused by this post. “Yes, there’s benefits to eating vegetables, but also look at this that and the other that makes them bad.” All this and most of us pin random chemicals from China into our muscles knowing they’ll deter our health.
I would find it very hard to believe eating vegetables is much worse than not eating them at all. Speaking out of necessity is one thing, but then to flip the necessity into “oh well it’s actually bad because of xyz so really I’m just doing the right thing” is a very different narrative imo.
Yea I hear ya dude it's just a random topic I brought up to get some back and forth going. I still try to eat as much as I can but you never know when someone might weight in with some earth shattering info that changes everyone's perspective lol

Yea I hear ya dude it's just a random topic I brought up to get some back and forth going. I still try to eat as much as I can but you never know when someone might weight in with some earth shattering info that changes everyone's perspective lol
There aren't many double blind RTC studies on fruits and vegetables. Biases run deep.
You might find this one interesting.

It was meant to determine the antioxidant benefits of green tea.
But what's most interesting to me was they dropped almost all fruits and vegetables for 10 weeks in an attempt to isolate any effects to be coming from the green tea only.
(They still included bread, cake and potatoes if you want to consider them vegetables)

"The overall effect of the 10-week period without dietary fruits and vegetables was a decrease in oxidative damage to DNA, blood proteins, and plasma lipids, concomitantly with marked changes in antioxidative defence."

Interesting no?

PDF is available to download here

Green tea extract only affects markers of oxidative status postprandially: lasting antioxidant effect of flavonoid-free diet