Any of you guys use Smelling Salts?

tricks79

Trusted Member
Curious how many people here use smelling salts?
If so where do you buy them from?

I personally love them, help me reach new PRs.

Curious how many people here use smelling salts?
If so where do you buy them from?

I personally love them, help me reach new PRs.

I was thinking of getting some for when I squat or dead since im switching to early morning lifts

Always been interested, do you think it's good for just a singular big lift or be able to use for repping out as well? Effects don't last the long do they?

Always been interested, do you think it's good for just a singular big lift or be able to use for repping out as well? Effects don't last the long do they?
I've used them for 3-5 rep maxes as well as 1rm. I still find them effective. But is there a point for high rep ranges like 8+? Probably not.

Hey Guys,

Reason I made this post is because I'm on the final stages of manufacturing my own brand of smelling salts called "Ward". Wanted to get an idea of how many members here use it.

I only have test batches at this point and am waiting on bottles / labels to produce my first big run.

It's all made right here in Alberta. If anyone is interested in a test-batch bottle feel free to pm me. Just pay $5 shipping and you can have a test run at no charge. I would value the feedback of people using it in the gym. Retail prices will eventually be around $15/bottle.

Okay'd by Taureau

Hey Guys,

Reason I made this post is because I'm on the final stages of manufacturing my own brand of smelling salts called "Ward". Wanted to get an idea of how many members here use it.

I only have test batches at this point and am waiting on bottles / labels to produce my first big run.

It's all made right here in Alberta. If anyone is interested in a test-batch bottle feel free to pm me. Just pay $5 shipping and you can have a test run at no charge. I would value the feedback of people using it in the gym. Retail prices will eventually be around $15/bottle.

Okay'd by Taureau
I have never used smelling salts before but have wanted to use them for awhile. Just never knew where to get them. Not sure if you only want experienced users to give you feed back but I would be interest to try what you are making.

I have never used smelling salts before but have wanted to use them for awhile. Just never knew where to get them. Not sure if you only want experienced users to give you feed back but I would be interest to try what you are making.
Happy to have people who haven't used them at all try it as well.
Things like "how long does the bottle stay effective for" is important to me. A bottle should last at least 2 months normal use. If it lasts less than that I would want to hear that. If it lasts much longer also would like to know.

Will have a test batch ready to ship soon and will PM you.

I’d be very interested for my heavy dead’s and squat days never gave them much thought until my wife started looking into them as she’s started a journey into the power lifting realm

Congrats on going after a dream for yourself takes balls! Really hope it all pans out for you.

I’d be very interested for my heavy dead’s and squat days never gave them much thought until my wife started looking into them as she’s started a journey into the power lifting realm

Congrats on going after a dream for yourself takes balls! Really hope it all pans out for you.

Thanks man. Appreciate. New business ventures are always nerve wracking but I got a really great product here so I'm excited.

I'll pm you when a test batch is ready.

I'd be interested. I use these on the regular and have been for a few years now so I could compare it to the competition. Congrats

i like them for first 1rep max in morning, but they don't always last long. I had to take some time off the gym, and when i got back they were useless. I order mine through Amazon and some are a dry product your rehydrate before use.

i like them for first 1rep max in morning, but they don't always last long. I had to take some time off the gym, and when i got back they were useless. I order mine through Amazon and some are a dry product your rehydrate before use.
This will be an add water product as well. Comes in a bottle. To activate you will add Xml of water, shake, let sit, then boom.
Will PM you when testbatch is ready so you can give it a go too. Maybe this one will work better for you.

Hey Everyone,

Beta Batch will be shipped FRIDAY.

Attached is a pic of what the beta bottles look like. I'll throw a logo sticker on them before they go out. If you visit wardsmellingsalts.com you'll see what the final product will look like in future.

So far my testing has been very very positive. Local guys are amazed at how strong these are. These are guys who've used many competitive brands, guys who deadlift 3x body weight and more.
I would like more beta testers as mentioned above to verify how long these last. Goal is more than 60 days for a bottle.

I have signed up for a Canada Post small business account to get shipping as cheap as possible. However after calculations looks like my initial estimate of $5/pckg was low.

I'm happy to distribute some of these to forum members as mentioned before, I'd just like to break even on the shipping. I don't mind losing a bit of money on subsidizing the shipping down to $10 and the cost of materials. Not looking to make any money on the beta batch, you guys are helping me test the product.

So here's what I can do for any forum member interested. $10 for a bottle mailed to you. $15 I'll mail you two bottles. Max 2 per person as there is limited beta-test inventory. If you're interested please email [email protected] with your shipping address, and send email money transfer for relevant amount.

Upon full launch these will be available on Amazon with prime for around $22 a bottle (because that will include freight). Or on other online retailers for around $15-20 a bottle. I am expecting the formula not to change at all between now and final launch, I truly think I have it perfected and it is amazing. So regardless this is a chance to own the product at a subsidized price.

What I'd need from testers:
1) Give an honest opinion on your first impressions after first time using it.
2) How long did it last before you found the bottle to weak to be effective anymore.
3) How easy was "activation"?

IMPORTANT SAFETY AND USE INSTRUCTIONS
1) Do not remove the cottonball inside.
2) To activate add 1 teaspoon (5ml) of water, close lid tightly and shake well. Then let sit for 5 minutes.
3) Uncap at any time to use, but otherwise keep lid on tightly.
4) Keep at least 6 inches away from nose. This is a strong formula. I've used competitor brands and I end up putting my nose right up to the bottle. I can't do that with these, these are STRONG.
5) Do not get the powder in your eyes or mouth (dunno how you would, but just don't).

I appreciate anyone willing to participate. You guys are awesome.

Once final product is out I'll figure out a way to offer the product to forum members at a discounted price. Biggest issue with small products like these is shipping costs are a PITA.

Any other questions or comments just email me at [email protected] or send me a PM on this forum. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Snapchat-482093178.jpg
    Snapchat-482093178.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 13
Placeholder stickers/labels showed up sooner than expected (gotta love Vista Print). So they're ready to ship. Pic Attached.

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 15
If you guys write to me from a tutanota email but don't hear back from me message me here. Possible tutanota isn't receiving some of my replies.

Promise I'm not ignoring you!

I'm excited to try this out for you man. What's the average time span for a bottle once activated ? How many wiffs?lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk