another reason to take Nigella Sativa/Black Seed Oil

Goldenrod

Staff member

Not all toxins impact your body the same but in an effort to protect yourself, if you take toxic compounds this supplement is worth a look. If it works at the antioxidant level and modulates your glutathione this can only be a good result. One of my favorite herbs/supplements to use for a multitude of reasons.

Hey @Goldenrod, what dose of Nigella Sativa do you normally take? And do you recommend the straight oil, or pill form? I want to have this on deck.

Hey @Goldenrod, what dose of Nigella Sativa do you normally take? And do you recommend the straight oil, or pill form? I want to have this on deck.
1000 mg in the morning and night. No harm in taking more but this is the dose I usually use. I buy the pill form from Life Extensions. Some of the studies go by ML's and I can't figure out how many MG's they are using and some studies used considerably less but this dose works best for BP and pain.

1000 mg in the morning and night. No harm in taking more but this is the dose I usually use. I buy the pill form from Life Extensions. Some of the studies go by ML's and I can't figure out how many MG's they are using and some studies used considerably less but this dose works best for BP and pain.

Been reading up on some of the benefits and it's crazy how powerful this plant is...
Thanks Goldenrod, going to add this to my BP/health supplement protocol for next blast :)

Just started taking NS oil this morning, the bottle I picked up off Amazon calls for 1tsp (5 grams), twice a day. So 10000mg's / day... Seems like way more then what's needed, as you suggest 1000mg 2x/d and get the effects...

Just started taking NS oil this morning, the bottle I picked up off Amazon calls for 1tsp (5 grams), twice a day. So 10000mg's / day... Seems like way more then what's needed, as you suggest 1000mg 2x/d and get the effects...
That seems like overkill. Most of the pills come in 500 mg form. Keep in mind companies can put anything on their products they want and don't have to prove it is correct. What brand is it?

That seems like overkill. Most of the pills come in 500 mg form. Keep in mind companies can put anything on their products they want and don't have to prove it is correct. What brand is it?
It's Freshfield, they sell oil and pill product. Maybe I'll just take 1/2 tsp twice a day instead... Or perhaps the product isn't as concentrated as the one you're taking... What brand are you taking?

I just started taking this, though may eventually look at just buying the oil.

500mg ED good to start with?

I take 1000 mg a day but nothing wrong with starting with 500 mg - 500 AM and PM. If my BP goes up at all I will increase it to 1000 mg Am and PM. Hope it helps.

I'm taking the oil, tastes pretty strong and nasty, not too bad if you got something to chase it down with lol.

Oh it works so good at lowering blood pressure, but it blows my guts apart. Massive amounts of gas. I tried life extensions hoping it would be different, but no. 15 min after taking it, after I eat food, I start burping it back up, 2 hours later I am passing gas like no tommorow. You know the painful, hisses out, but is moist and heavy super stinky gas. Reminds me of super crappy protien powder gas, lol.

But if your guts can handle it, dropped 15 points off my blood pressure After 2 weeks of 1000 mg a day. 500 am and 500 pm.

Oh it works so good at lowering blood pressure, but it blows my guts apart. Massive amounts of gas. I tried life extensions hoping it would be different, but no. 15 min after taking it, after I eat food, I start burping it back up, 2 hours later I am passing gas like no tommorow. You know the painful, hisses out, but is moist and heavy super stinky gas. Reminds me of super crappy protien powder gas, lol.

But if your guts can handle it, dropped 15 points off my blood pressure After 2 weeks of 1000 mg a day. 500 am and 500 pm.
makes sense.
15mmHg is about 0.3psi, so if you let out that much gas your pressure should go down. lol

Last edited: