An old farts road to bodybuilding glory...lmao

musclememory

Independently Impoverished
Well I'm back in the gym, hoping its for good this time with no closures. Its been about a month. Not sure what my goals are at this time other than to regain the muscle I have lost. HCO is also back in the gym with me so of course we are training together again. With our work schedule we don't normally train on days we work. Though there are exceptions to that. To make things easier for our work schedule we have split the body down into 3 workouts. These we just rotate through, one following the other, the day of the week doesn't matter.

Day 1 = Legs and Abs
Day 2 = Chest and Shoulders
Day 3 - Back and Arms.

So roughly for sets it would be like this
Day 1: Quads =15 to 20 sets. Hamstring = 7 to 10 sets (depends on quads, we normally do 50% of the sets for hamies that we do for quads) Calfs = 4 to 8 sets. Abs = 4 to 8 sets.
Day 2: Chest = 12 to 15 sets, Shoulders 15 to 20 sets, Traps = 3 to 5 sets.
Day 3: Back 15 to 20 sets, Triceps = 10 to 15 sets, Biceps 10 to 15 sets. We sometimes toss in a little direct forearm work here but not always. Just about all workouts take an hour or less. Todays was about 46 minutes. We don't talk to each other other than what weight is needed etc, we don't bring out phones to the floor, we don't talk to other members, we don't listen to music. I guess you can say we old school it...lol We rotate though the exercises quickly so that I would guess we get roughly a minute of rest between sets.

We, meaning me...lol, like super sets. HCO not so much but she does them anyway. I like to do super sets for back, chest, shoulders, arms. Chest is almost always 100% super sets, Shoulders too are often 100% super sets. I like pre-exhausting...ie isolation exercise followed by a compound exercise (super seted).... but don't always do that. We have done forced reps too in the past but as we are just getting back into the swing of things havent really added them back yet.

Not too concerned about the weight lifted as we are not weight lifters but more important we are old as dirt and dont need the injury. So I would say we lift moderate weights in a moderate to high rep range.

My current cycle is 800mg test ew, 200mg Mast ew, 25mg abombs ed. I have ai's on hand as needed. HCO is currently not on any gear. That of course could change.

The injectables are Dracorex, as are the ai's. The Abombs are left over from a cycle many years ago. They are Newport. I'm just using them up. I had less than 30 of them. That is it so far. The Test and mast are pinned twice a week. I like Mondays and Thursdays. 400mg test and 100mg Mast each pin day.

Anyway I hope to update this fairly often but you know how that goes...lol

I LOVE early morning workouts like that but HCO not a chance and to be honest with our shift work they are not too conducive to it.

Perfect, won’t take long to get back in it.
with any luck it wont. I'm about 195lbs at the moment. Not sure I'm interested in being in the 230's or beyond but 220 was always a good weight. Was a decent size at that weight and still had some mobility. PLUS I didnt get tired walking up a set of stairs...lol

with any luck it wont. I'm about 195lbs at the moment. Not sure I'm interested in being in the 230's or beyond but 220 was always a good weight. Was a decent size at that weight and still had some mobility. PLUS I didnt get tired walking up a set of stairs...lol
You had zero issues doing 22 push ups, oh yeah 44, lol, then my 20 year younger buddy struggled, lol.
You’ll be back at it. How’s the shoulder?
I’m off gear right now, stopped injecting for 2 weeks, back to 150 a week.
I feel like an old man. I’m off till Jan. I’ll live thru your log, lol.

The shoulder seems to be fine. The bicep that they cut and let it reattach itself likes to cramp after I work biceps or flex it. It does it at other times too. That was one of the sides for that procedure. The up side is since the bicep muscle is now shorter from the shoulder down I have a much better peak in that bicep than I had before. Down side besides the cramping is that arm was always my bigger of my two arms and the higher peak has now made the difference even worse...lol.

The shoulder seems to be fine. The bicep that they cut and let it reattach itself likes to cramp after I work biceps or flex it. It does it at other times too. That was one of the sides for that procedure. The up side is since the bicep muscle is now shorter from the shoulder down I have a much better peak in that bicep than I had before. Down side besides the cramping is that arm was always my bigger of my two arms and the higher peak has now made the difference even worse...lol.
Damn, I had forgot you had that surgery.
You’ll just have to do what you can do I guess.