I'm planning to go back and get that checked out as doctor forgot to add that to the requisition. I will have to find another doctor, as the current one doesn't want to talk about testosterone being a factor anymore.
Only got "These anti-depressants should help you"

No real needs now i think, iirc SHBG will tend to go lower when supplementing with injection of testosterone.
Sometime when your Test level are low normal and you got high SHBG, it make free test level lower and create a bunch of unwanted side.

Seems like you did some research first, will follow to see the outcome. Been there too.

@MagnusPrime
Open minded doc are like winning at the lotery!
What make me loose my mind is when they (3 did this to me before going the ugl route) told me they could but they wont beause of the responsability that come with the test script.
Good luck for your friend, hope it goes well for him.

Last edited:
@MagnusPrime after 3.5 yrs of using (mostly worthless) androgel to treat my low t, I have also very recently switched to self- medication. I was still sitting at 9.9 nmol, but no docs were willing to switch me to injectable test. It's a great feeling to finally take matters into my own hands.

btw Have you considered your hairline while on HRT? Might want to think about getting on fin, if it's important to you.

Good luck!

oh, I mention in my first post I lost all my hair very young, very fast when I was 20. (37 now)
So hair loss isn't really a factor in the present. It's fine. I have a good head shape for it but really made me incredibly miserable/depressed going through that so quickly when I was younger though.
Very stressful time in my life which probably didn't help my situation at all.

How long have you been self medicating TRT?

Oh indeed you did mention the hair. I'm thinning a bit now so it's something I think about.

I just started my protocol on Saturday. I had a leftover vial of test prop so I'm running that at 20 mg EOD until it runs out, then I'll switch to test e @ 80 mg / wk.

You can read more about my situation in this thread:
https://canadianbrawn.com/threads/just-saw-an-endo.3777/

Best of luck on your journey pal, hopefully the test helps you get back to being yourself. While test can certainly be a peice of the puzzle have you taken any other steps to address the mental health issues you're facing, I see the anti depressants mentioned but I'm just curious if you've taken a more holistic approach to trying to improve your quality of life than adding TRT.

Thanks buddy. I appreciate it.

I was offered anti-depressants a few times. Doctors are half listening to me most of the time but I've seen enough people close to me worse off from them in the long run.
What are you referring to in terms of holistic?

Hi MP, what I mean is attacking it from many different angles...while I don't have experience with depression, anxiety rules my wife's life and simply taking her cymbalta isn't quite enough, talking to people, ensuring she's getting enough sleep, stress free activities away from her triggers all help in managing etc etc. I hope for you it's as simple as low test and that's all you need to change your quality of life but that might just be one piece of the puzzle, there's likely some other adjustments in your life that might seem small but will help with your overall well being...getting back to a hobby/activity that once brought you joy, being around some friends you might have drifted away from, just getting 45 mins off fresh air on a walk....talking to a therapist....etc....pulling for ya.

Slow, but it sounds like progress... Give it a few weeks and hopefully, the mood will improve as the test stabilizes.

Injecting gets more routine as well. I find that a quick jab in a relaxed muscle minimizes PIP. When I would insert the needle slowly and inject, I would occasionally get PIP... But doing it quickly stopped the pain.

Just be patient grasshopper, lol.
And if that doesn’t work, bump up to 175. Ugl gear is not always dosed as good as pharma every single time.
I personally never run less than 200 mg and don’t use an ai, unless I start to cry watching a movie too much, lol.
After 5 years my blood work is still good.
Use how you feel and other markers in your blood work as a gauge, than just a certain test level.

I look at it this way. Drinking a few drinks a day is obviously not the healthiest thing you can do, but a lot do t and no one looks down on them, because it helps them to wind down, or relieve stress. So if you run a bit more gear because you feel good, but don’t overdo it, who’s to say shit. It’s like your couple of drinks.

You will see it was your test level. And convince yourself it was. Everynight and every morning in the shower, notice how much better you feel, after every shot the next day, feel how much fuller the muscles feel, lol. You just found your new hobby, it’s called bodybuilding, and dam it addictive. :)

Definitely. I am realistic and I am patient and I will go based on how I feel.
As I said earlier, it's not a magic bullet with an instant effect for me at the moment and I knew this going into it.
If I feel really good soon, I will know.
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.
Yes especially at trt doses it will not be mind blowing.
If you read thru threads you will hear guys complaining about not feeling much on 500 mg a week until a month then it starts to spool up.
If I were you, I’d double up my dose first few weeks, get you there quicker. Fuck man if you are going to run it, might as well run it.

Then after 6 or so months bump it up.

Then like the rest of us go a bit crazy, lol.

No don’t listen to my last two pieces of advice, lol, the devil dude on my shoulder typed that part 👿

It’s adductive to feel like superman.

Hey what other supplements are you taking?

Are you taking super prostate, fish oil and so on?

If not maybe you need a list.

All of this improves your body, and if there is a downside helps to reduce or eliminate it.

Damn we are all itching to help out with stuff like that on here.

Plus what are you doing for training.

At first I’d like do more circuit and focus on cardio, get that gut taken care of, once it reduces, then after a few months and you are feeling better, looking better, feeling better about yourself, you know when you look in the mirror and see a thinner, better looking version of you that boosts your self confidence a lot.
Then you run a small 300 mg a week cycle, change your diet to put on some muscle. If you stay consistent, push yourself (trust me we all don’t love training all the time) in 2 years people won’t recognize you. Then you’ll need to fend off the people jealous because you look so good, lol.
You’ll know you hit the big time when they ask you why you lift so much, why do you eat every 2 hours. And when you flex an arm and they stare, well they will get their answer.
Truthfully, this isn’t bullshit, any of us that have actually stuck it out with the consistency have had this happen. The pussies are the ones that drop out after 6 months, give up and blame their genetics, or life, or the gear or something.
Even the guy with the worst genetics can achieve a goal if they want it bad enough.

Anyhow that enough of my pep talk, let’s see how you do the next little while.

If you need any help with diet and such, post up an actual version of yours. Do t be embaresed, the truth is always better, then all of us will give you are different ones and you can put something together, or just give Funnyman a few hundred dollars and he will get you going right away, and that guy is good and down to earth, way too cheap for what you get, lol.

I really like your enthusiasm.
As for me, I just want to feel normal.
My goals/expectations are probably different than most people on this board. That's why I posted this blog in here.
I have no goals or anything of gaining a lot of muscle mass to where people won't recognize me anymore.
I'm just here to see if this conservative TRT experiment can unfuck my brain and take the the "parking break" off. So I can be consistently productive and functional.

So far, I'm just taking fish oil and started taking Vitamin D3, as I haven't been going outside much as I would like to.

I’d likely set your goal a tiny bit higher, lol.
And they will recognize you, but you will look healthier. When the minds good so is the body.

180 lean would be perfect at your height.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to create a blog/journal for anyone to come here and read this., as I've decided to begin administering TRT level doses to myself. (Also currently searching for a Doctor that will help me at the same time)

I'm not saying go out and grab some UGL test and do this.
Do your research first. Get your blood work done and see what could possibly be wrong first before you go this route.
I was lucky enough to stumble on this great forum. A few of you have reached out to me via PM to give me advice and their own experiences.
I will leave them nameless out of respect for them but thank you so much for the guidance and assistance.

Efforts to get help from doctors have left me worse off. I've been prescribed anti-depressants by the many doctors I've seen.
All they wanted to do was mask my symptoms as my levels are on the Low end of "normal".
I feel awful on most days. Definitely not "normal". My other blood work is fine.
They refuse to refer me to anyone in regard to testosterone because my levels are within "normal range"

I used to be a borderline gymnast with the things I used to be able to do when I was younger. I was in great shape, strong, lean, full naturally but I feel that when I was younger, my test levels must've peaked very high when I was in my early 20's and tapered off rapidly to low levels. (Just my hypotheses) as lost all my hair super quick when I was 20 as well. I never used any ped's and such.

I began getting low test symptoms when I was passing 25 and it was getting worse and worse.
Depression, weight gain, losing weight is difficult around the mid section, difficulty recovering from gym, lack of all motivation, hard to get out of bed, always tired etc.
Doing any menial tasks require moving mountains and even after I need days to mentally recover from it. It affects my marriage very much.
She puts up with a lot of my issues, moodiness and such and is super supportive in all of this and what I'm doing. My business suffers tremendously because of me.
I cannot string enough months together to be consistent and make enough money and my earning potential is being wasted.
She has to work harder for both of us. I'm sure this sounded like a lot of you. So it must resonate clearly with how you were all feeling.

I guess I just had enough and wanted to have a good run. I'm not looking to increase my test to super physiological levels right now.
I'm here to support you all in what you do to help reduce the stigma in all this with letting people achieve what they want and do it safely by contributing this.
I admire all of you who go get your blood work done regularly and keep an eye on your diets and all that. You're not screwing around here. I will always do the same. The goal is to of course get a proper prescription eventually.

Thanks for reading
-Magnus

Here are the current stats:
I've never used AAS, I don't smoke, drink etc

Testosterone: 10.9 Range 8.4 - 28.8 nmol/L
Testosterone Free: 209 (Range 196-636 pmol/L)
Estradiol : 67 <162 pmol/L

I took some before pics just for the hell of it to see if I can look healthier in the long run and update as I go:
View attachment 3220View attachment 3221View attachment 3222View attachment 3223View attachment 3224

Your test at my doctor's office would be considered LOW not low normal. For your age my doctor said range at his lab/office is 15-30. I was given 100mg a week when I tested at 7/8

What province are you in?