Where can I get a DEXA scan?

lgetlegend

Trusted Member
Does anyone know where I can get a DEXA scan or similar accurate analysis for body composition? I want to track my body comp but the only methods I can find actually available are calipers and Bioelectrical impedance analysis but I want something more accurate. I live in Eastern Canada.

Does anyone know where I can get a DEXA scan or similar accurate analysis for body composition? I want to track my body comp but the only methods I can find actually available are calipers and Bioelectrical impedance analysis but I want something more accurate. I live in Eastern Canada.
google something like "imaging dexa 'your city' Ontario"

oh and make damn good and sure you are very specific about what results you are looking for. I know of guys who have been fucked by this because they ended up with nothing but a bone density analysis because of communication breakdown, shit wasn't cheap and had to pay again for proper test and results.
I believe underwater weighing is the next step down and was much cheaper last time I checked but that was at least ten years ago. I did underwater weighing at a University way back for free but that was cause I was training the tech.

One more time...

Looks like the price has come WAY down , I just did that google search without a city name and saw, both $60 and $99 options. At that price a lot more people should be doing it. I also saw a site that prompts me to reinforce that thought about being very specific about which results you want.

So I called the local place I sent guys to in the past and they said they still do dexa scans for bone density but stopped doing it for body composition during covid and have no plans to restart. This is confusing because she said it's the same machine but she didn't know the reason for stopping. I suspect lack of demand at that location and maybe a software licensing cost or need of a tech with a certain kind of certification, idk.

Better off going by the mirror and/or pictures + the scale and tape measure.

How you look is all that matters at the end of the day imo.