what actually happened on oct 24 2022

Did you even read what I said?

In my area, where I live, where I know about the situation both past and present, where the treaties are old, where the main food source was buffalo, that is what happened.

Canada / USA borders??? How people should live?? Quit putting words in my mouth. Read what I said.

Get rid of the treaties, treat everyone equally, end racism. I don’t think I can put it much simpler than that.
I was going to ask the same thing.
I've read your replies understood your points, and responded to the key elements in a fashion to demonstrate their limitations.
I fully understand your position on treaties, and understand that you don't think the Canadian government should be obligated to abide by their promises.
I don't believe I can or will sway you from your beliefs, but perhaps others reading along open to critical thought might be.
Regards.

When I read posts like this it makes me question what someone is thinking when they argue these ideas. Without getting into it I’ll say this , my wife is Cree , my brothers side of my family is Cree , my fathers side is Blackfoot , and I am a white native . I can tell you with absolute certainty that everything you said about treaties is borderline racist and you have nothing good to offer opinion wise . Maybe instead of looking at differences you should look at similiarities.

Or go try living on a reserve with no clean water , no opportunity , no way out , getting pissed on by everyone you come across for your beliefs and traditions . Etc etc etc

Quit being part of the problem. Start being part of the solution , there is more than enough to go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As usual, when your argument fails you play the race card. Weak.

You have no idea who I am, whom I’m married to and who my relatives are. But I will indulge you a bit.

My dad went through the residential schools. His response when asked about it? I was given a warm place to sleep, three meals a day and a basic education where he learned to read and excelled in mathematics. All the children were treated the same. He said he was far better off than being at home.

As long as any group of people, regardless of race, colour of skin or ethnicity see themselves as a victim (like 95% of the natives where I live - yes I live right beside 5 native bands) they will never succeed.

To the natives I say quit living in the past, join us and prosper with us. The treaties have failed, it’s time to embrace the future and move forward.

Nothing racist about it.

Natives are their own worst enemy. They need to stand up and demand an end to whatever pretty woke government name is in charge of Indian affairs, eliminate all reserves and instill property rights. There’s no such thing as we are all equal, there is however everyone having equal opportunity. Reservations are designed to keep people down, they’re treated lower than renters.

This ongoing conflict is set up so that a very small segment is making a fortune and that goes for everyone sitting at the table, they have zero motivation to come to some kind of conclusion. There’s no money in curing a desease, there’s a fortune in treating the symptom.

Natives are their own worst enemy. They need to stand up and demand an end to whatever pretty woke government name is in charge of Indian affairs, eliminate all reserves and instill property rights. There’s no such thing as we are all equal, there is however everyone having equal opportunity. Reservations are designed to keep people down, they’re treated lower than renters.

This ongoing conflict is set up so that a very small segment is making a fortune and that goes for everyone sitting at the table, they have zero motivation to come to some kind of conclusion. There’s no money in curing a desease, there’s a fortune in treating the symptom.

Exactly. That’s what I meant by treating everyone equally, having equal opportunity.
They actually have more opportunities to succeed than average Canadians. Free health care, free education etc.

Their own leaders are the ones who are not treating them right. We give the bands billions of dollars and the leaders keep most of it for themselves. Terrible situation.

Exactly. That’s what I meant by treating everyone equally, having equal opportunity.
They actually have more opportunities to succeed than average Canadians. Free health care, free education etc.

Their own leaders are the ones who are not treating them right. We give the bands billions of dollars and the leaders keep most of it for themselves. Terrible situation.
I also grew up in an area with large reserves. The “leaders” of the bands had buttloads of money, gawd help you if you were from the wrong clan, than you knew what poverty was.

Speaking of free education, I had close friends going through school, there was no such thing as racial tension. There were a couple incidents in the adult world but we never really had in school.

2 of my closer friends took advantage of the free education and when I seen them a few years later they were in full hate whiteman mode. They wouldn’t even talk to me, I just couldn’t understand it. The ones that stayed behind and we worked together nothing had changed, we didn’t see race but we sure did with the educated ones.

As usual, when your argument fails you play the race card. Weak.

You have no idea who I am, whom I’m married to and who my relatives are. But I will indulge you a bit.

My dad went through the residential schools. His response when asked about it? I was given a warm place to sleep, three meals a day and a basic education where he learned to read and excelled in mathematics. All the children were treated the same. He said he was far better off than being at home.

As long as any group of people, regardless of race, colour of skin or ethnicity see themselves as a victim (like 95% of the natives where I live - yes I live right beside 5 native bands) they will never succeed.

To the natives I say quit living in the past, join us and prosper with us. The treaties have failed, it’s time to embrace the future and move forward.

Nothing racist about it.
This is exactly how I think of it as well.
Thing is as Faller said, there are people in power (what’s worse it’s their own people) that are rich off of this so they want the divide.

I processed lots of game for native hunters out west, and the ones who were happier and more sucessful from what I could gather, were the ones who became part of the larger society and didn’t dwell on being victimized. Almost all paid the gst when picking up their game. I had lots of respect for that.