UFC 275 - Texeira vs Jiri

Bolton73

Trusted Member
Got some title fights coming up.

I got Jiri in the main event. Hoping he ends Glover's run. He's explosive and unorthodox. However, Glover is a beast, and if Glover can get the takedowns and ground-and-pound, then I'll be losing on this fight.

Definitely got Shevchenko over Santos. For me, its just a matter of how Shevchenko wins it. That being said, the other female GOAT just got taken out, so anything can happen. Still, I'm sticking with Shevchenko.

I got Zhang Weili over Joanna. Joana's been out for a while, and Weili looked good in her last fight. Even though she was fading at the end, I still had her winning in the rematch with Namajunas.

Not much else on this card to talk about right now.

Never heard of these two? Lol im joking but that light heavyweight division sure isnt what it use to be. I dont even think i will bet on this one or even watch it. A bunch of womens fights and some pretty slim pickings for title fights

I want glover to win but I don't think he's got a chance against Jiri. Jiri is an animal and I just don't think glover will be able to handle his explosiveness. Every time Valentina beats the ever living shit out of someone my peepee gets hard.. So dominant. So aggressive. I also think Joanna is going down. Never know though and that's why this sport is so exciting. Did anyone actually think glover was going to win over Jan?

I want glover to win but I don't think he's got a chance against Jiri. Jiri is an animal and I just don't think glover will be able to handle his explosiveness. Every time Valentina beats the ever living shit out of someone my peepee gets hard.. So dominant. So aggressive. I also think Joanna is going down. Never know though and that's why this sport is so exciting. Did anyone actually think glover was going to win over Jan?
If Glover can take Jan down and keep him there, he may be able to wear Jan down. That may be his best bet.

I respect Shevchenko as an amazing fighter ,,, but she lost that fight, IMO.

When Buffer was reading out the scores and he read one round for Santos, then one round for Shevchenko, then he said "149 - 146 ..." I thought that I knew Santos won it - because there was no way possible that anyone could give Shevchenko 4 rounds. That ludicrous.

In fact, Shevchenko wasn't even able to turn the tide until after she closed Santos' left eye with a clash of heads. Shevchenko was definitely out-fought in this one.

Something needs to be done about this judging. It's gonna ruin the sport.

I respect Shevchenko as an amazing fighter ,,, but she lost that fight, IMO.

When Buffer was reading out the scores and he read one round for Santos, then one round for Shevchenko, then he said "149 - 146 ..." I thought that I knew Santos won it - because there was no way possible that anyone could give Shevchenko 4 rounds. That ludicrous.

In fact, Shevchenko wasn't even able to turn the tide until after she closed Santos' left eye with a clash of heads. Shevchenko was definitely out-fought in this one.

Something needs to be done about this judging. It's gonna ruin the sport.
Judging and refs have always been garbage in ufc. I dont get it. seems like they pull random people off the street so they have no bias.. also no fucking clue.
Should be no such thing as a split decision, go another 5mins ffs

Judging and refs have always been garbage in ufc. I dont get it. seems like they pull random people off the street so they have no bias.. also no fucking clue.
Should be no such thing as a split decision, go another 5mins ffs
I agree. The judging is useless. It seems like they just take a bunch of boxing judges who have no clue about MMA at all, and throw them in there. Striking often seems to get the nod over grappling and submission threats.

The 3rd round of the Shevchenko - Santos fight is a perfect example. For the first 3 minutes or so, the fight was on the feet with Shevchenko edging out Santos a little - but not dominantly by any means. Then for the last 2 minutes or so, Santos takes Shevchenko to the ground and completely dominates her. No way that was a Shevchenko round.

I agree. The judging is useless. It seems like they just take a bunch of boxing judges who have no clue about MMA at all, and throw them in there. Striking often seems to get the nod over grappling and submission threats.

The 3rd round of the Shevchenko - Santos fight is a perfect example. For the first 3 minutes or so, the fight was on the feet with Shevchenko edging out Santos a little - but not dominantly by any means. Then for the last 2 minutes or so, Santos takes Shevchenko to the ground and completely dominates her. No way that was a Shevchenko round.
Yea exactly, the boxing scoring system doesnt work. Pride was better that way because damage made a huge difference