TRT Injection

SaltyDawg

Trusted Member
Hello members , I’ve been on TRT for 2 years now and recently I’ve been experiencing pain in my injection sites. My wife was trained by a nurse on how to do it and now 3 days after injections the pain is all the way up my shoulders doesn’t matter which shoulder, It’s never happened before should I be concerned?

Have you tried a different injection site? Quads/glutes? Thatd be my first move.

Is there redness, swelling, is the injection site warm/hot to the touch?

Have you recently changed brands/carrier oils? The pain sounds like PIP (post injection pain) if there's no swelling or signs of infection.

Are we 100% sure that the injection site was correct? Could've got too close to a nerve. Which would be impressive considering its on both sides.

How many times do you inject a week and is it exclusively shoulders? Id swap injection sites and go from there

I have only done shoulders for 2 years rotations right to left , The site is prepped with an alcohol wipe, As well as the top of the vial , For the site she touches the point of the bone of the shoulder and goes 3 finger widths down and injects Center of triangle, The brand is prescribed Delatestryl and she injects me every Friday .

We have talked about doing gluteal injections but I have a fear of hitting my sciatic nerve , I’ve attempted my quad muscle once before and never again I felt pain and then as if I had an electrical shock travel down my leg.

We have talked about doing gluteal injections but I have a fear of hitting my sciatic nerve , I’ve attempted my quad muscle once before and never again I felt pain and then as if I had an electrical shock travel down my leg.
That sounds as if you hit a nerve in your quad, that happened to be as well but I still pin quads quiet frequently, if you are considering them please go slowly and on an angle when injecting I find that often helps as you can feel a nerve generally before you hit it!

Great thanks for the tip, If I consider trying it again I’ll try that method I was wondering if I was in the correct area so I searched and I was in the square area of the thigh so I thought I was safe. I’m not a medical professional so no idea what is under the skin or mapping of the nerves.

I will look into that option also , It hurts so much now I can’t lay on my sides in bed a few days after my injections, Thank you guys for all the advice , It’s strange to start hurting all of a sudden as I only take 0.5ml of Delatestryl per week. I’m not having much injected there.

I personally hate pinning quads and lots of other guys do too. As far as pinning your sciatic nerve you'd only hit that if your were doing your shot wrong. Like I mentioned there are very good tutorials on YouTube.

Yes I did start watching them when I went to bed last night , I couldn’t believe the amount of sites you actually have to choose from , I also found a site called spot injections that had good information.

I’m going to watch the technique on YouTube in bed tonight and maybe give it a try with my next injection, I use a 1 inch 25g for my medication so should I shorten the needle to a half inch for the pec ?

I would never inject into my quads again. Did it for years when I was young, but got two infections Over the past year. I suspect the gear was contaminated but after a chat with my doc I now only inject my glutes

I know my medication is clean as it comes from the pharmacy, Just whatever I hit in my leg just plain hurt my leg jumped and it felt like an electric shock travelled down my leg I’ve been in fear of it ever since.

I know my medication is clean as it comes from the pharmacy, Just whatever I hit in my leg just plain hurt my leg jumped and it felt like an electric shock travelled down my leg I’ve been in fear of it ever since.
At the time I was adding 250mg of test c from a ugl to my prescribed trt... so that’s on me

Size of needle? Gauge and length? There's a bunch of diagrams online, but here's one that shows clearly how much more space you have for injecting in the quad vs the shoulder. I generally use 1/2" 27g for my injections and I never notice a thing. Go with a shorter needle and you will never notice a thing. I will inject in shoulders every 4th or 5th shot, but the majority of the time I rotate between the 2 sites on either quad. Have never had an issue. I won't inject glutes, mainly b/c I can't be bothered twisting, and I'm not a big guy, lol. Even shoulders are more tedious than quads.

You may have injected outside of the zone, but there's a lot more real estate on the quads.

1614653399063.png