Tight Hips - PSOAS and Groin Inflexibility

SquatAddict17

Trusted Member
Figured I'd throw this out there as it's something I struggle with constantly. I have very tight hips, causing back issues when I try to deadlift heavy.

I seem to always be fighting this nagging low back pain, stemming from what I'm told is my PSOAS and hip flexors etc.

What have all of you members found to be most effective in releasing the hips and bringing back "good" mobility?

I find that these things have helped, however not solved my problem, which obviously requires continuous efforts to keep mobilized.

- Foam rolling from inner knee (medialis) over and up to my sartorius and then to my outer hip (like VG area). This is more like a fluid motion when I roll and rotate, stopping on the most tender areas and holding. Also hitting these tender areas with a lacrosse ball seems to help release.
- Should be an obvious solution, but stretching out my hips post workout daily is effective as well.
- Theragun treatment along all of the same muscles rolled out as well.

I haven't looked too deep into mobility exercises from others, but wanted to see what others have been doing. TIA