The Good Old Days

He does look good. I heard on an interview from Lee Haney , he was talking about him and said although the guy was carrying a lot of good big muscle it wasn’t overall hard and dense muscle . I think if they had the science we have now with getting conditioned before a show , that he probably wouldn’t look the best at a higher conditioning level.
Not to take anything away from him though he is an absolute legend and his training ideas went on to help Yates refine it and get all his titles .
Back than things were just simpler . I wish I grew up in the golden era

They really don't. I dont dig the new look at all. compare em to a labrada or Haney or Paris or Demey or Dorian all day no sir. Balance was no longer a thing at all by the Coleman Cutler era imo they just don't look right. What is it the GH?! Tren maybe?!
I agree, after Dorian(the 90s was the peak of bodybuilding imo) it just got weirder and weirder.

Its gotta just be the shear size of these guys. It's too much muscle on their frame that it looks messed up. The judges kept rewarding being freaky and everyone just followed. Combine that with coaches that have cracked the code for drug cocktails and not the mention the availability of drugs and there you go.

Last edited: