The dividends thread

Heres a list of US dividend paying single stocks I put together, some are divided aristocrats

McDonalds
BTI tobbaco
Coke
Pepsi
Proctor gamble
Cat
Chevron
Johnson Johnson
Colgate
Becton Dickinson
Wendys
Tyson foods
Exxon
Costco
Ao smith
Starbucks
3M
Snap on
Allison Transmission

I'm like cheapshot, i like multi sector etf's.

I like HDIF, pays .07 per month or .84 cents per year.

I will have to look more into this. I only really researched day trading strategies which aren’t consistent in this market. It’s not even worthwhile to short because this markets borrow fees are insane.

Do you guys trade in a Roth IRA? What’s the main div ticker you would load the boat with if the market goes absolutely tits up?

I will have to look more into this. I only really researched day trading strategies which aren’t consistent in this market. It’s not even worthwhile to short because this markets borrow fees are insane.

Do you guys trade in a Roth IRA? What’s the main div ticker you would load the boat with if the market goes absolutely tits up?
I use wealthsimpletrade and the ticker Is HDIV, with this stock you don't need to worry about if the market go tips up.
This dividend pays 12.5 cents per month.

Do you use a TSA or a Roth?
tfsa like cheapshot said, this dividend pays 1.50 per year. You will double your money, in 10 year with dividends. Not including the grow you get with the stock.

Do any of your invest in sectors with Notes - autocallable notes which down side protection? For example, one note will pay 15% per year if the value remains the same and is in the oil sector. Another may pay 12% per year for 5 years and is the banking sector? each year if the value is the same at renewal date, it gets called and you get the 12-15%, if it is lower it rolls over for another year. It hasn't happened yet but if you reach the max amount of time which is usually 3-5 years and it is lower there is downside protection. There is a %, usually around 30-50% downside protection and you get your investment back but no return.

If I can get 10-15% in today's market I am extremely happy.

Do any of your invest in sectors with Notes - autocallable notes which down side protection? For example, one note will pay 15% per year if the value remains the same and is in the oil sector. Another may pay 12% per year for 5 years and is the banking sector? each year if the value is the same at renewal date, it gets called and you get the 12-15%, if it is lower it rolls over for another year. It hasn't happened yet but if you reach the max amount of time which is usually 3-5 years and it is lower there is downside protection. There is a %, usually around 30-50% downside protection and you get your investment back but no return.

If I can get 10-15% in today's market I am extremely happy.
Do you mean Covered calls? I invest in Covered calls but I dont do it myself, I let the fund managers do that ans pay the fee

It's nice if you can pick a stock and combine that with dividends.

CPG for example. I entered a big position @$1.77, currently trading at $9.23.
The dividend is 0.10 quarterly.
That would give me about 22% annual return on my original investment just on dividends, not to mention the 5x

Do you mean Covered calls? I invest in Covered calls but I dont do it myself, I let the fund managers do that ans pay the fee
Probably same thing, as they sound the same. I also use an advisor who is a personal friend (and probably the smartest person I know) to pick the best ones. Since 2008 only 1 did not get called and they had 20,000 of my money that earned nil for 3 years. I kept the principal but did not get the 15%. Fund managers/investment advisors can pick the ones most likely to mature and with the best downside protection. I have my expertise but they are not in investing, nothing like the guys/gals who studied and do it 10 hours a day, although I do follow a few companies and bought stock in those companies.
Until they shit the bed, I will continue to diversify but plan to continue buying notes.

Anyone here trade options with success by themselves? Iv got a fairly good grasp at charting, but looking at the spreads is a headache. Some Iv followed say stick to things like SPY and QQQ and just trade the technical pattern. Seems like it’s just a super expensive lottery ticket unless you are married to Nancy Palosie and know what the White House is speaking on.