The difference between Ubiquinol and Coenzyme Q10

Goldenrod

Staff member

Considering the cost of Ubiquinol is about 3-5 times that of Q10, I decided to do some research. This article is pretty straight forward but you can find more scientific ones as well.

It appears younger people may benefit from Q10 more and older people Ubiquinol more. That being said, our bodies are smart and convert Q10 to ubiquinol as needed. I don't skimp on supplements and heart health in this lifestyle is extremely important but I wanted to run a test taking 300 mg of Q10 twice a day vs 200 mg of Ubiquinol once or twice a day as I normally do. Even 3 times the amount of a quality ubiquinol is cheaper.

Ubiquinol is becoming very popular and as with economics, the price goes up drastically.

Just food for thought.

GR

Report Edit

I asked my doctor and she said straight up that 200 mg of Q 10 is equal to 100 mg of ubiq. She said it did not matter just get Q10 and take 200mg as that is cost effective, and the effective dosage for heart health or people on statins (as it decrease Q10 in the body.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked my doctor and she said straight up that 200 mg of Q 10 is equal to 100 mg of ubiq. She said it did not matter just get Q10 and take 200mg as that is cost effective, and the effective dosage for heart health or people on statins (as it decrease Q10 in the body.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The whole reason I started to used q 10 was because of my wife’s mom and her issues with statins. I did some research and saw is was good for your heart, well and other muscle contractions.
Thought it would help offset my drinking and smoking at the time, lol.

Interesting
What about taking both
I am taking both now simply because I did some reading and had both but I work out the dosage to be 400 mg per day. When my BP gets back to ideal I go down to 200. The few times it spiked I went up to 800. Nigella Sativa has had the most impact when taken in a decent dose and there are shit loads of studies to back up its efficacy. Its great for inflammation and a host of disorders and is referred to as a wonder herb.
I cut my supplements down significantly and just use a few at a time now. I adjust the dosage according to my BP as my blood work is good but my BP can get a little high at times.

I am taking both now simply because I did some reading and had both but I work out the dosage to be 400 mg per day. When my BP gets back to ideal I go down to 200. The few times it spiked I went up to 800. Nigella Sativa has had the most impact when taken in a decent dose and there are shit loads of studies to back up its efficacy. Its great for inflammation and a host of disorders and is referred to as a wonder herb.
I cut my supplements down significantly and just use a few at a time now. I adjust the dosage according to my BP as my blood work is good but my BP can get a little high at times.

A few for you are twenty. ;)

Thanks for the info