Sterility issue

Neverwas

Trusted Member
I have a 72iu Humatrope that is giving me big red welts, I think because the bacteriostatic water I used to reconstitute it was very old and no longer sterile.

Question - can I used a .2micron filter to sterilize it? Would this also filter out or damage the HGH?

Any advice appreciated. I have about half the 72iu vial left and would rather not toss it.

I have a 72iu Humatrope that is giving me big red welts, I think because the bacteriostatic water I used to reconstitute it was very old and no longer sterile.

Question - can I used a .2micron filter to sterilize it? Would this also filter out or damage the HGH?

Any advice appreciated. I have about half the 72iu vial left and would rather not toss it.
I experience this from time to time when I would do sub q in my stomach. Not sure why as I've used the same bac water and also the same hgh somewhere else and its been fine . Not totally sure why this is. Since stopping shooting in my stomach I no longer have this issue .. This doesn't really answer your question but felt maybe its related and curious where this thread goes with others posting

How old is the bac water? It would have to be pretty old to cause an issue (I would think). I would be trying to filter and reuse small amounts of water but I get the cost being a lot, you don't to throw it out.
Are the red welts warm and do they last long. Regardless of price, if I determined something might be contaminated - I would throw it out. Unless you have access and the knowledge to filter something, what are you going to filter it into so you can take the proper amount each time? I assume this is the largest cartridge that give 72IU?
I always used script HGH and bac water and the worst that ever happened was it stung a little for a short period but it if caused larger red welts that were warm and stuck around for days, something is off and I would chuck it.
Sorry, I can't envision how you would filter is without creating more contamination unless you have the knowledge to do it in a completely sterile environment but I never did it so I am speaking 100% hypothetical.

Good luck!

I'd imagine from what I read about filtering for both IV injection and filtering in general, that a .2 micron filter would work quite well. I am pretty sure it wouldn't really damage the peptide either. You can pick up individual insulin syringe filters used to filter stuff for IV that is most definitely not sterile at a safe supply place. Bacteriostatic water just loses some of its bacteriostatic properties when it gets old, it doesn't usually grow bacteria but I still would store it in the fridge. Also usually I don't recommend reconstituting much of any peptide at a time.

I experience this from time to time when I would do sub q in my stomach. Not sure why as I've used the same bac water and also the same hgh somewhere else and its been fine . Not totally sure why this is. Since stopping shooting in my stomach I no longer have this issue .. This doesn't really answer your question but felt maybe its related and curious where this thread goes with others posting
I've gotten red welts from product that was low quality but these are legit humatropes which never give any redness normally so the only thing I can think was an issue was the bacteriostatic water was no longer sterile.

I tried doing the shots a few times in a few different places and they were bad everywhere...big red angry welts

How old is the bac water? It would have to be pretty old to cause an issue (I would think). I would be trying to filter and reuse small amounts of water but I get the cost being a lot, you don't to throw it out.
Are the red welts warm and do they last long. Regardless of price, if I determined something might be contaminated - I would throw it out. Unless you have access and the knowledge to filter something, what are you going to filter it into so you can take the proper amount each time? I assume this is the largest cartridge that give 72IU?
I always used script HGH and bac water and the worst that ever happened was it stung a little for a short period but it if caused larger red welts that were warm and stuck around for days, something is off and I would chuck it.
Sorry, I can't envision how you would filter is without creating more contamination unless you have the knowledge to do it in a completely sterile environment but I never did it so I am speaking 100% hypothetical.

Good luck!
yep, there is about half a 72iu cartridge left which I really don't want to toss if I can salvage it with a $10 .2mircon filter. The filter goes between the needle and the syringe, you draw it up and then toss both needle and filter, attach a new needle and inject into a new sterile vial. I just wasn't sure if this would damage the hGH since it's kinda fragile but at this point what do I have to lose since I am going to have to toss it otherwise regardless.