Sleep position and headaches

Durk

Trusted Member
I have noticed something weird and I’m not sure it’s all in my head. I have been getting brutal headaches lately. Around the forehead and behind the eyes. The weird thing is I think I only get them when I sleep on my face. Every night I slept on my back I did t have them, then the first night I sleep on my face they are back. Am I crazy or is this a thing?

I have noticed something weird and I’m not sure it’s all in my head. I have been getting brutal headaches lately. Around the forehead and behind the eyes. The weird thing is I think I only get them when I sleep on my face. Every night I slept on my back I did t have them, then the first night I sleep on my face they are back. Am I crazy or is this a thing?

Yes. It is all in your head. That is where headaches are. Sorry. Couldn't resist. I will be quiet now.

Sleep on my face every night. Like a dead person. Never have headaches

Have you checked your BP?

Bp is great. I have been fairly light sensitive lately. Migraines run on my moms side, but she had a cracked skull as a kid. I can’t recall any serious head injuries or anything like that. Maybe genetics. I also might need glasses now. I’m finding street signs harder to read, so it could be that. I will keep sleeping on my back and see if they stay away for now.

Bp is great. I have been fairly light sensitive lately. Migraines run on my moms side, but she had a cracked skull as a kid. I can’t recall any serious head injuries or anything like that. Maybe genetics. I also might need glasses now. I’m finding street signs harder to read, so it could be that. I will keep sleeping on my back and see if they stay away for now.

Migraines and headaches are usually subluxation in the neck. Find a good chiro or massage.

Message therapy has helped me with similar headaches. I don't get them for a few days after and eventually they go away completely for a while or until I abuse myself too much again.

In my case, it seems it was my my one traps (all the way down near the bottom) that may have been causing it or at least contributing. The therapist showed me on his chart and that was exactly where I was getting them - along my neck, over my ear and into my temples.

I bought a better pillow (Obusforme cervical neck type) and it seemed to have helped a little also.

Good luck,

OD