Shoulder Pain

Something a lot of people overlook with shoulder pain is the actual internal rotation of the shoulder, causing impingement. Something that has worked for me is to put a larger focus on the muscles of the thoracic spine. This IMO is more important than rotator cuff stretches and exercises. That internal rotation on say a bench press is where people get into trouble.

Something a lot of people overlook with shoulder pain is the actual internal rotation of the shoulder, causing impingement. Something that has worked for me is to put a larger focus on the muscles of the thoracic spine. This IMO is more important than rotator cuff stretches and exercises. That internal rotation on say a bench press is where people get into trouble.
When you say a larger focus do you mean tightening up and crunching your back while benching?

When you say a larger focus do you mean tightening up and crunching your back while benching?
Well theres that too, making sure your shoulders arent rotated internally doing a bench press. I guess what i meant to say is by focusing on building and strengthening the muscles of the thoracic spine you will naturally stand up straighter and your shoulders wont roll forward as much. Make sure your chest isnt tight either that will pull your shoulders forward.

I have found most pain in the neck and shoulders comes from the upper back and scapula.

Try a lacrosse ball throughout the upper back a couple times a week.

My stretching has been really bad in the last year but this was something I always included with ham string stretching and it really helps.