Prozac

millenium girl

Just her
Trusted Member
I think I was one of the first people taking Prozac when it came on the market. I was anorexic at the time and was prescribed Prozac by the psychiatrist. I stopped taking it once things got better.

After TKR I was very emotional. I joined a Facebook page (a support group for knee replacement patients) and it seems quite common after that kinda surgery to be depressed. I thought I would get better but since my knee isn't bending like it should and that rehab isn't going as planned I'm very frustrated, angry, depressed, everything. I still had a few scripts of Prozac lying around here and started taking it today. We'll see how it goes.

I had knee surgury and for no way I could full straighten out my knee. I tried everything but was still walking with a very noticeable limp. One day I slip on something and my knee goes out and from that day on it bends fine. No idea why just seemed to snap. So do not give up hope yours might just snap in a good way one day :)

It's a good med for depression with the normal sides that come with an SSRI. If you had good luck with it in the past, it should be fine for you now. Just keep in mind it may take up to six weeks to develop full efficacy.
There is also a limited amount of evidence that Prozac can alleviate pain. Not a lot but some.