Ozempic - CNN Report

Scary though for those that are prescribed it for pre diabetes. I'm sure Ozempic will do their best to debunk and bury that kind of info.

I wouldn't get too frightened. Daily low dose aspirin kills about three thousand people a year. Tums kills people, some lady used a q-tip in her ear the other year, and got an ear infection that travelled to her brain and killed her. Another guy bumped his shin on a coffee table got a little bruise and got flesh eating bacteria that killed him. A teenage girl chewed too much sugar free gum, and ended up with an electrolyte imbalance that killed her. True stories.

It's a numbers and odds game. Any time you give a vast number of people a drug or substance, a few people are going to have bad results even if it's a good drug with proven benefits or an almost completely harmless substance.

Diabetes kills more than two million people a year, and obesity and it's complications kills almost one in ten people in their lifetimes.

If you are using the drug for it's intended purpose it's a net benefit, 99.999% of the time. It's a good drug and it's saving alot of lives.

I wouldn't get too frightened. Daily low dose aspirin kills about three thousand people a year. Tums kills people, some lady used a q-tip in her ear the other year, and got an ear infection that travelled to her brain and killed her. Another guy bumped his shin on a coffee table got a little bruise and got flesh eating bacteria that killed him. A teenage girl chewed too much sugar free gum, and ended up with an electrolyte imbalance that killed her. True stories.

It's a numbers and odds game. Any time you give a vast number of people a drug or substance, a few people are going to have bad results even if it's a good drug with proven benefits or an almost completely harmless substance.

Diabetes kills more than two million people a year, and obesity and it's complications kills almost one in ten people in their lifetimes.

If you are using the drug for it's intended purpose it's a net benefit, 99.999% of the time. It's a good drug and it's saving alot of lives.
the drug is barely even 5 years old and hasn’t even been used so widely until recently. it isn’t a small group of people having issues either. prescribers i’ve spoken to are so reluctant to prescribe it for anything besides diabetics now, considering more people were using it for weight loss than managing diabetes.

the drug is barely even 5 years old and hasn’t even been used so widely until recently. it isn’t a small group of people having issues either. prescribers i’ve spoken to are so reluctant to prescribe it for anything besides diabetics now, considering more people were using it for weight loss than managing diabetes.
Agreed, ozempic is only five years old, and agreed, most people will have slowed bowel motility when using it, but that is a feature, not a side effect. For the great majority of people the gastro problems only last a short time and the slowed bowel motility makes them feel fuller longer after eating.

And my main point was, that with tens of millions of people using it, many of whom have raging diabetes or supermorbid obesity who will die without it, even if it kills a few thousand people a year, it's still a runaway success, overall.

I mean Hell, look at Gastric bypass which is the best option B for alot of those people.

Quote: Patients undergoing bariatric surgery had a 1-year case fatality rate of approximately 1% and a 5-year case fatality rate of nearly 6%, .

And I've read both articles, and there isn't evidence of chronic long lasting gastroparesis in thousands, only in a handful, and there aren't reports of suicidal thoughts in thousands, only a few dozen people total so far, and if you give twenty million people a glass of water a few dozen people will drown in it.

So, I'm sorry, I have to strongly disagree with the crowd here. I agree that if you need to lose ten or twenty pounds, diet and exercise are your best options, but if you have a food addiction and need to lose two hundred or have raging blood sugars, Ozempic is miles safer than going under the knife and is reversible in two weeks just by stopping the dosing.

Last edited:
“They may just be really unlucky,” said Dr. Michael Camilleri, a gastroenterologist at the Mayo Clinic, said of the people who shared their cases with CNN.
The subject matter is not funny (and not surprising) but holy hell what is this comment. You can't say things like that about people that have severe sides and lose quality of life because a big pharma company didn't make the risks clear enough. It has that Lewandowski vibe when the guy said wah wah on TV about a little girl being separated from her mom.