Nicotine a miracle nutrient

As you can tell from the replies, nicotine is a highly addictive substance. I don't think any of us would continue to use it if we weren't addicted, regardless of the cognitive benefits.

Ya that's smart. I found I couldn't control the vape habit. I wanted it all the time but right now I do 2.5 lozenges a day and love that schedule and have maintained that schedule for a long time.
Gotta use what works for you.

I switched from cigs to vape this week. My lungs feel lighter if that means anything. I'd kinda like to quit altogether but the nicotine helps me with stress and I don't want to give it up.

I switched from cigs to vape this week. My lungs feel lighter if that means anything. I'd kinda like to quit altogether but the nicotine helps me with stress and I don't want to give it up.
You will cough up tar in a week or so.
My blood o2 levels and cardio greatly increased after switching.

Vaping is far easier on the lungs.

From what I can gather the real worry about vaping (now that they have removed the chemicals that could cause lung damage) is the constant lung irritation caused by introducing something foreign. This may long term cause cancer, or damage.

You will cough up tar in a week or so.
My blood o2 levels and cardio greatly increased after switching.

Vaping is far easier on the lungs.

From what I can gather the real worry about vaping (now that they have removed the chemicals that could cause lung damage) is the constant lung irritation caused by introducing something foreign. This may long term cause cancer, or damage.
I don't look forward to coughing up tar. Unknown risk vs known risk is difficult except when the known risk is quite high. I'm ok with unknown vape risk vs known tobacco.

It's kind of a mind trick though, it feels like it's a stress relief but being a stimulant it actually makes you more stressed, more irritable and faster heart rate higher blood pressure etc. When you fully quit you will feel way less stressed. I know personally from quiting. Keep smoking if you like but don't be fooled by the cunningness of the addiction, it causes stress to your body and quiting will be a big stress relief.

It's kind of a mind trick though, it feels like it's a stress relief but being a stimulant it actually makes you more stressed, more irritable and faster heart rate higher blood pressure etc. When you fully quit you will feel way less stressed. I know personally from quiting. Keep smoking if you like but don't be fooled by the cunningness of the addiction, it causes stress to your body and quiting will be a big stress relief.
Oh at first when you quit you feel a bit stressed, lol.

For me smoking used to be a stress relief, or the only time I ever took a break at work, or when I was working on things at home. Took a bit to teach myself to take a break without a cigarette.

But yeah, after stopping for a while you are right, you do feel way better. Kinda like if you drank 10 cups a coffee a day then reduced or stopped.

As I understand cigs and many vaping products have a Monoamine oxidase inhibiting effect. So it would increase dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine, quitting upsets this system and that is anxiety producing I will eventually quit vaping also.

As I understand cigs and many vaping products have a Monoamine oxidase inhibiting effect. So it would increase dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine, quitting upsets this system and that is anxiety producing I will eventually quit vaping also.
This is true for tobacco products, but I would think it'd be very rare in vape products unless you specifically seek it out.

Nicotine extraction is normally done using steam, which leaves the other alkaloids behind.
I was involved in development of a vape juice called WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids) that contained the MAOI active components. The extraction method was far more involved and expensive to do.

That was back in 2009 so things might have changed since, but I'd be surprised if it got any cheaper.
Unless maybe they're just adding something in instead? But that would encroach on pharmaceutical territory.

Last edited:
This is true for tobacco products, but I would think it'd be very rare in vape products unless you specifically seek it out.

Nicotine extraction is normally done using steam, which leaves the other alkaloids behind.
I was involved in development of a vape juice called WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids) that contained the MAOI active components. The extraction method was far more involved and expensive to do.

That was back in 2009 so things might have changed since, but I'd be surprised if it got any cheaper.
Unless maybe they're just adding something in instead? But that would encroach on pharmaceutical territory.
Good to know so far it's been a little over a week and I'm just using the salt nic and it's doing the trick for me. They also sell a freebase product but I haven't tried it, I figured it was extracted from tobacco.

Good to know so far it's been a little over a week and I'm just using the salt nic and it's doing the trick for me. They also sell a freebase product but I haven't tried it, I figured it was extracted from tobacco.
The wta was developed for people who got little to no satisfaction from vaping. That was between 15 to 25% of people polled at the time. Of those, over 90% were satisfied with the WTA version. However, the mix of alkaloids is far more addictive than the nicotine alone so people using vaping to transition to quitting wouldn't have much success.

We played around with various salts and the base form of nicotine too. Very easy conversion to do back and forth, but there was little difference in effect. Salts were less harsh on the lungs, but base had higher absorption in mucosal tissues.
We were just reinventing the wheel mostly, as cigars, snus, dip and chew all have more freebase nicotine in them for this reason, whereas cigs are more acid (salt) based.

I quit vaping, little rough at first, but my brain has now pretty much cleared.

I find I have more clarity and energy without nicotine. I am done this shit for good.