Membership on Other Boards

I’m on here and the other board that started up recently. I’m here more. There are way more familiar people here. A few familiar on the other and more I’ve never seen before.

I'm a mod/supermod at 3 boards and an active member at another Canadian forum that has become my home board. Rules and behavior are the same everywhere. Respect everyone, no trolling, don't be mean to anyone and if you really can't stand someone just ignore him.
ive been on most of the canadian boards in the last 10 years. they all have the same crowd. the old guys that actually know shit and dont tell us young bucks anything. the jokers, the pervs,the trolls, then you have the young bucks like me who give out shitty info..lol. most of the shit i spew out Ive learned from the real vets.. I honestly dont make shit up..lol. NM was the only one that really felt like home

millenium girl did you really steal my signature? LOL. that was my sig on NM. Im just joking I dont care. But if you can tell me the MMA club that used that quote you can keep it! LOL. google is allowed.. good luck
It actually read - pain is merely weakness leaving the body

wow, Your an old iron addict,, damn I joined that board in the 90s, I was still in high school...lol. I learned alot there and believe he was the reason I gained 30lbs natural
I remember that board. I miss SSB, BBD, WWBB, OSBB and the others ....

Cheapshot, Pain is weakness leaving the body is from the Marine Corps :)
It is printed on the back of my marine t shirt.

@Cheapshot @millenium girl I googled just cos I got curious cos I first heard “pain is weakness leaving the body” about 20 years ago.
Anyway most say it is attributed to a guy named General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller. The most decorated Marine in American history.
He retired in 1955 and died in 1971.

Apparently it was actually said by
Daniel Jackson Evans who “served three terms as the 16th Governor of the State of Washington from 1965 to 1977, and as United States Senator represented the Washington State from 1983 to 1989.”

Either way it predates MMA.

hey CB'ers... i'm really busy in life so i'm kinda like a one-trick pony. Up til now the only board i read was NM.

What's the netiquette anout being a member on more than one board? What's the protocol for introducing yourself and making clear that you not gonna cause a rauccus nor any drama?

Any tips or suggestions will be well-received.

thanks!

CW

Being a Vet of over 10 years on these things , best advice: Avoid any board that even entertains drama . Most boards are good in that the owners/admins all have known each other over the years... there are some folks that take forums very seriously .....and have rivalries with other boards/owners that they let become personal and cast a shadow over the whole thing.... thankfully, those aren't the norm these days.
Usually it's a good thing to be a member of more than one board.... helps others trust you
If an introduction causes an issue should be the first and last post you make at that board

i used to be a bit of a board whore when i got started many years ago...i think my first ever board was Muscletalk in the UK. Been a part of a few US boards like ProfessionalMuscle as well as the usual Canadian ones for a while but nowadays i dont have time to be a part of so many boards. So i like to make my home at just one. That was NM and now its CB

I've been a member on quite a few boards over the years, never a lot at one time. I'd mostly be active on 2 or 3 boards at any given time but as a few guys here have already said boards can take up a lot of time which i don't have. In recent years you'll see the same members on the other boards and topics and conversations seem to be carried over from one board to the next.

In the last few years i'd have one board that i'd call home and that'd be the only board I'd be active on. NM was home and now it will be this one.

I’m registered on both of the new boards . I rarely go on forums now but I know people from both. And both have helped me, I don’t see why it’d be a problem