Leucine Supplementation

Cog

Trusted Member
Who supplements with extra leucine here and do you believe that it reduces muscle soreness?
I just started adding extra on top of my shakes,and so far I am a believer.

5 grams before any meals that I suspect don't have enough protein content. Just tryna make sure the "make muscle" switches get flipped, no Idea about reduced muscle soreness though, I believe sore is my natural state now.

Well I am just getting back into my squat routine and I was expecting a pretty sore butt and hams.So far minimal .Since I've had it about a million times.:)

Only difference is finishing with the glute drive machine.That is it.

I tried supplementing with leucine, never seemed to make much of a difference, I’m guessing because I was eating enough protein already

had 2lbs of leucine so I was just adding it to shakes as I figured why not

I'm using EAA's as an intra-workout drink and they are heavy on leucine. Too soon to tell anything

I tried supplementing with leucine, never seemed to make much of a difference, I’m guessing because I was eating enough protein already

had 2lbs of leucine so I was just adding it to shakes as I figured why not
Age?

5 grams before any meals that I suspect don't have enough protein content. Just tryna make sure the "make muscle" switches get flipped, no Idea about reduced muscle soreness though, I believe sore is my natural state now.
Sore Where?:)

Sore Where?:)

Almost everywhere :cool:

FWIW, I'll offer my opinion about leucine vs BCAA's with regard to growth specifically. No time for a long winded post, if anyone is interested they should look it up though. Super short version - to flip the protein synthesis switches on (make muscle mode) go with leucine alone vs all 3 BCAA's. Leucine is what does the trick and the other 2 fuck it up by competing with the leucine thereby wasting some cash, effort and time. I've probably posted about this here before, Layne Norton may possibly know more bout it than me lol.

So for me - 5g leucine before protein lacking meals max 2x a day, Flavored EAA's instead of MIO in my water jug probably totaling 20g/day.

Does it help with soreness? No fucking clue, I do far too many things in pursuit of a pain free life (or minute :) ) to be able to tell what's doing what unless it is effective enough to stand out. Massage, handful of painkillers, 7 minutes with a good woman in my lap etc...

Almost everywhere :cool:

FWIW, I'll offer my opinion about leucine vs BCAA's with regard to growth specifically. No time for a long winded post, if anyone is interested they should look it up though. Super short version - to flip the protein synthesis switches on (make muscle mode) go with leucine alone vs all 3 BCAA's. Leucine is what does the trick and the other 2 fuck it up by competing with the leucine thereby wasting some cash, effort and time. I've probably posted about this here before, Layne Norton may possibly know more bout it than me lol.

So for me - 5g leucine before protein lacking meals max 2x a day, Flavored EAA's instead of MIO in my water jug probably totaling 20g/day.

Does it help with soreness? No fucking clue, I do far too many things in pursuit of a pain free life (or minute :) ) to be able to tell what's doing what unless it is effective enough to stand out. Massage, handful of painkillers, 7 minutes with a good woman in my lap etc...
The most interesting thing I have read,but have since lost the site,medical site severely anti hormone.
Evidence suggested that at some point your food intake bogs you down.Utilization becomes more problematic.
The author liked the direction of switching your diet,supplementing protein digestion for crafted of course amino acid mixtures.