Latest bloodwork. Lowish ferritin

Nixter

Trusted Member
Some recent bloodwork to get a baseline metabolic now that I finally have a new family doc. This wasn't a TRT bood panel so no test etc. Everything looks good but I did notice my ferritin is close to the lower limit. I did just donate three days prior to bloodwork. Is the ferritin an issue? I know TRT has some effect on it. I'm on 140mg/wk with 500IU HCG. BP is great. Have an appointment booked to go over it in a couple weeks.
bloodwork_A.jpgbloodwork_B.jpg

Last edited:
Some recent bloodwork to get a baseline metabolic now that I finally have a new family doc. This wasn't a TRT bood panel so no test etc. Everything looks good but I did notice my ferritin is close to the lower limit. I did just donate three days prior to bloodwork. Is the ferritin an issue? I know TRT has some effect on it. I'm on 140mg/wk with 500IU HCG. BP is great. Have an appointment booked to go over it in a couple weeks.
View attachment 56634View attachment 56635
Did you do a urine test? I am wondering if you had protein in your urine?

Ferritin is all good, don’t donate too often. Right in Blood.ca literature they will tell you if you donate more than 3 times per year you will likely drive ferritin too low.

Given your hemoglobin and hematocrit levels after donating you likely did not have a requirement to donate

Last edited:
I just noticed, your eGFR is a little low. Ideally want to see it closer to 90+. Were you well hydrated before the blood draw? If not that likely explains it
Creatine from higher muscle mass will destroy eGfr results.

I remember years back when I was worried about too many bubbles when I pee‘d and when I git all tests back (and was completely fine), my doctor told me not to freak about eGfr because it was designed for people who had no muscle mass (average human)
At that time mine came back at 83, he said it would be well over 100. Creatine levels are used in the calculations of the test.

I do not know what it would come back at now.

I believe for us bodybuilders they have a better method with cystatin c test instead.

I am thinking 60 ish is a little low unless this person is very lean with lots of muscle mass (being lean will effect it as well). As will higher than trt doses of steroids may cause damage to the kidneys, that is why now I think its super important to have the time off to let things heal before you go too far.

I have been researching the shit out of this because I am trying to get a zero urine protein level (mine was a 3, so no worries, but I am trying to see if I can get perfection)

Now I am in the middle of an experiment, and wish I could get more sensitive urine strips so I could tell if it is dropping, but the one set I have until you are a 3 or above it doesn’t read the other set won’t read under 7)

But with all the research I have done, a lower protien diet, no drinking or advil, stopping all other pill supplementation, then Astrugulus at 1600 a day and NAC 1200 a day should help to improve this.

I did notice at first when I started this protocol, the I had what looked like mucus in my urine for like 10 days (I am thinking maybe things were rebuilding themselves) and once that cleared up, the bubbles in my urine drastically reduced. I will get blood work with a cystatin c test and a urine test in January and see what my outcome is (so nothing more than trt until then)

I have now had a negative on the more sensitive strip a couple times, so lower than 3, so some progress.

Last edited:
Creatine from higher muscle mass will destroy eGfr results.

I remember years back when I was worried about too many bubbles when I pee‘d and when I git all tests back (and was completely fine), my doctor told me not to freak about eGfr because it was designed for people who had no muscle mass (average human)
At that time mine came back at 83, he said it would be well over 100. Creatine levels are used in the calculations of the test.

I do not know what it would come back at now.

I believe for us bodybuilders they have a better method with cystine c tests instead.

I am thinking 60 ish is a little low unless this person is very lean with lots of muscle mass (being lean will effect it as well). As will higher than trt doses of steroids may cause damage to the kidneys, that is why now I think its super important to have the time off to let things heal before you go too far.

I have been researching the shit out of this because I am trying to get a zero urine protein level (mine was a 3, so no worries, but I am trying to see if I can get perfection)

Now I am in the middle of an experiment, and wish I could get more sensitive urine strips so I could tell if it is dropping, but the one set I have until you are a 3 or above it doesn’t read the other set won’t read under 7)

But with all the research I have done, a lower protien diet, no drinking or advil, stopping all other pill supplementation, then Astrugulus at 1600 a day and NAC 1200 a day should help to improve this.

I did notice at first when I started this protocol, the I had what looked like mucus in my urine for like 10 days (I am thinking maybe things were rebuilding themselves) and once that cleared up, the bubbles in my urine drastically reduced. I will get blood work with a cystine c test and a urine test in January and see what my outcome is (so nothing more than trt until then)

I have now had a negative on the more sensitive strip a couple times, so lower than 3, so some progress.
Good info
I knew that muscle mass can influence creatinine but wasn't aware eGFR was impacted as well.

Sounds like an interesting expirement you're running. Is there something going on that is suggesting a decline in kidney health or are you just interested in seeing if you can get that protein reading down to 0?

Good info
I knew that muscle mass can influence creatinine but wasn't aware eGFR was impacted as well.

Sounds like an interesting expirement you're running. Is there something going on that is suggesting a decline in kidney health or are you just interested in seeing if you can get that protein reading down to 0?
No declining health. 6 years ago when I did all the tests when I was worried about all the bubbles I had a zero, but about 4 months ago when I got a test for life insurance I got a 3. Mainly I just don’t want things to progress. The reason why I did all those test was I started to get lots of bubbles after a pretty heavy tren cycle.

If I were to guess, for me, I think tren is super hard on my kidneys. I had been running tren this year before the test.

Now all the shit I have read or watched, you can reverse the damage as long as you don’t take things too far. I am sure a 3 isn’t too far, lol.
Actually from what I have read up to a 14 is considered normal.

But I want a 0 damn it, lol.

Everything else about my health markers except higher creatine is perfect. I want perfection, lol.

You need to have multiple blood tests to compare and at the same time mark on your own private plan if you are taking anything - supplements, PED's, and blood donations, etc.
I wouldn't worry about my blood results but I would wait a few months and get it done again for two reasons:
1. I would like to know if my ferritin is going down or up or compare it to your last blood test.
2. Your Egfr is considered in the low end of the low band - values above 60 are acceptable if there is no evidence of kidney disease. Keep in mind your creatinine was also high albeit a doc wouldn't blind at being a little over but those are two values that should make a doctor retest if they are worth a shit. If speaking with a doctor make sure they know you workout and how often. You may have to stop for a specific time to get a proper egfr reading. Over 90 egfr is what is considered best but mine is usually 85. Again, nothing to panic about but it is good to know if your egfr is going up or down and same with creatinine. I would make sure they retest these in a month or two. In the meantime if you want to see a marker for your kidneys buy 100 urinalysis strips from any pharmacy and dip your urine. This is what docs did before they had easy access to blood tests and pay attention to the protein marker colour change if any.

Are you on anything right now other than TRT and HCG?
Doctors have a habit of ignoring markers that are H or L if not significant but without a second test you have no idea if it is getting better or worse so insist on it or pay for it yourself.

Good luck

Thanks for all the replies, guys! I did take an advil and tylenol the morning of the bloodwork due to some nagging lower back/hip pain. Could that have effected eGFR?

Thanks for all the replies, guys! I did take an advil and tylenol the morning of the bloodwork due to some nagging lower back/hip pain. Could that have effected eGFR?

According to this and other articles I found on Google they can but I didn't dig deep enough into what kind of dosing or duration they're referring to.

My guess is that unless you were using them for an extended period of time (days or weeks) there probably wasn't a significant impact.

According to this and other articles I found on Google they can but I didn't dig deep enough into what kind of dosing or duration they're referring to.

My guess is that unless you were using them for an extended period of time (days or weeks) there probably wasn't a significant impact.
Yeah that's what I was finding as well. Thanks

My piss is super foamy/bubbly..

It started doing this way back when I went keto diet and added berberine.. Not sure if that's the cause of it, but I never worried about it. all my blood work comes back great.

Tylenol is looked after by your liver so no to the tylenol unless you were a chronic user and high dose user, I wouldn't want to guess but I would think you would have liver issues long before you had any kidney issues. One NSAID should not impact your egfr, Same analogy applies to tylenol. Lets remember no one knows if you even have any kidney issues. You have a couple markers that indicate you might have mild kidney dysfunction but none of us are equipped to diagnose or indicate an issue without more blood work.
What did the doctor say and if they didn't say anything broach the subject with them and ask for a retest. You will have more data and know more.

I would not hesitate from taking a tylenol or nsaid if in a lot of pain but I wouldn't take either (all types of nsaids except low dose enteric coated aspirin) long term or in high doses.

My piss is super foamy/bubbly..

It started doing this way back when I went keto diet and added berberine.. Not sure if that's the cause of it, but I never worried about it. all my blood work comes back great.
Don't worry. I had forgot about it for years then freaked myself out over it again reading dr. google, lol.

As long as you are doing what you can (what else can you do?) and blood work and urine tests are fine, no worries.

Myself I think all the supplements we take has an impact on it as well. (I'm not talking steroids)

Tylenol is looked after by your liver so no to the tylenol unless you were a chronic user and high dose user, I wouldn't want to guess but I would think you would have liver issues long before you had any kidney issues. One NSAID should not impact your egfr, Same analogy applies to tylenol. Lets remember no one knows if you even have any kidney issues. You have a couple markers that indicate you might have mild kidney dysfunction but none of us are equipped to diagnose or indicate an issue without more blood work.
What did the doctor say and if they didn't say anything broach the subject with them and ask for a retest. You will have more data and know more.

I would not hesitate from taking a tylenol or nsaid if in a lot of pain but I wouldn't take either (all types of nsaids except low dose enteric coated aspirin) long term or in high doses.
I have an appointment to go over the bloodwork next week so we'll see

I just noticed, your eGFR is a little low. Ideally want to see it closer to 90+. Were you well hydrated before the blood draw? If not that likely explains it
Fun fact.

Drinking lots of water before an eGFR actually lowers the result, making your kidneys look like they're functioning worse than they are.
Apparently filtering a greater volume of more dilute blood is harder for kidneys, not easier.

It's an issue for me, because as a paraplegic I have no bladder control, so when I get an eGfr test, I sometimes need to drink a bunch of water to get a sample, within a few hours of the test, and that will drop the numbers.

Kind of interesting, because all of us who lived through the nineties were brainwashed to believe drinking massive amounts of water (even when you're not thirsty) was the key to eternal life, but there are alot of downsides to drinking too much water, like stressing your kidneys, messing with your electrolytes, etc,etc.

Last edited: