Knee pain - all of a sudden?

Rocky

Trusted Member
If anyone has experienced anything like this or knows what’s going on, please let me know.

All of a sudden this morning the inside of my knee starting hurting, fairly painful. Im not very sensitive to pain, I’d rate it a 5/10, about as painful as poking a nerve in your body when injecting. I have no clue why, no physical stress, I’m not working out, not on any anabolics, no injections.

Pain when walking on the leg or laying on the leg. Also painful when I push the inside of my knee. Between the knee cap and bone that sticks out to the complete side of the inside of the knee. I tried pushing the knee cap and there’s no pain, it’s definitely in between.
also pain when lifting the leg while laying down. Any stress/strain on the inside portion of the knee results in pain. Bending, turning, twisting, walking, lifting the knee.
It’s a sharp pain for sure, like poking a nerve with a needle. If you’ve ever tore your knee legament, it’s similar but more dull.

No previous injury to this knee(right), only the other knee (left).
I actually thought my right knee was what I injured because I thought it was just pain coming back. My memory is terrible as well, but I called my doctor and asked.
The knee hurting now is definitely not the knee I injured previously
No family history

I havnt tried icing it, just laying down results in no pain. Sitting with my knee straight on the floor also doesn’t have pain.

Havnt gone to the doctor or hospital yet, I have food poisoning and would rather not poop myself while doing an MRI lol

No medications except antibiotics for the food poisoning (keflix/ciprofloxacin, 500mg twice daily) and I took some Tylenol this morning, which did nothing lol
Also
- vitamin d 3000iu a day
- vitamin b100 1 day
- chromium piccolonate
- 6 tabs 1000mg Kirkland super concentrate omega3 fish oil

I lost a bit of weight recently(20lbs), starting dieting(eating healthier), no training, no exercise, no long walks or any stress on the legs. I’m actually a bit confused. My right leg is also my dominant leg (kicking a soccer ball) if that matters. I had 2 gatorades last night if that matters, I doubt it would but maybe electrolytes or minerals made my joints dry or gave me water retention like gh does to your joints. Thought I’d mention it

I get phantom knee pain all the time. Most times it will pop and be gone but I also started wearing knee sleeves when I lift.

Holy crap, I think I have gout. I didn’t have it before but i just felt my toe throbbing a bit. My grandma has it.

Knee pain subsided quite a bit. It only hurts when putting a fair amount of stress on the knee like kicking movement, stairs, walking. Just moving the leg side to side and bending it results in no pain.

Not sure if it’s paranoia/placebo but I feel like my big toe on the same leg is throbbing. I wouldn’t say it’s a very painful feeling. It just feels like I can feel the heart beat in my toe and it feels numb. Numb like when you sleep on your arm and wake up.
I remember my grandma told me it was fairly bad pain in her thigh and big toe. If anyone with gout can chime in, I’d really appreciate it. I don’t know much about gout except the basics.

All I ate yesterday was a hotdog from Harvey’s, tuna and cheese sandwich, 2 popsicles, 2 bowls of frozen fruit (berries), 1 apple, 50g cashews, 1 egg, rice krispy bar, 2 Gatorades, crackers and 100g chicken breast.
I get phantom knee pain all the time. Most times it will pop and be gone but I also started wearing knee sleeves when I lift.

I was pushing my knee cap a ton and it felt loose. You could hear it pop/crack pushing it side to side and sometimes when I would walk I’d feel it. I think pushing it around did put it back into place because the pain is almost gone. And there isn’t a weird loose feeling anymore haha
I actually remember when I dislocated my other knee and popped it back in right after. Surprisingly it felt exactly the same but it didn’t really look dislocated this time.
Did you tear a ligament in the knee giving you trouble? I tore one that holds my knee cap in place as well (in the injured knee). And the doctor said it can pop it again which sucks
Thank you for the tip though! If my knee starts acting up again I’ll be trying this first.

I don't know how serious this warning was but it may be a possible reason for the pain.
https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/news/20080708/fda-warning-cipro-may-rupture-tendons

Crap. I googled my medicine, ciproflaxacin it says it’s a quinolone. The link said all fluoroquinolone’s cause the side effect. It sounds almost the same, so it probably does have the same properties. That would suck because I think I was on antibiotics when I tore my other knee! I’m going to try and find out if I was taking antibiotics and if so, which one.

Last edited: