Inversion Table/Boots...ever use em?...thoughts?

Greatful

Trusted Member
So just watched a video of Dorian going over some of the things he is doing in his golden years and it showed him on the inversion table more than a few times. Good enough for Dorian wellll maybe its good enough for moi. So that got me on a short rabbit hole with youtube and typing in "Inversion Table" on amazon and facebook market place. No killer deals but also thought maybe some inversion boots for my cheap heavy ass.

Anyone here have one of these items or thought about it?
Thinking mainly for maintenance, preventative longevity stuff rather than for dealing with any current chronic issues.
$60 on amazon for some inversion boots to hang on my power rack got me like hmmmmm. :unsure:
Lets hang out.

Supposed to be very good for the low back. Just make sure you work up the time.
Thats what I thought they would be good for. Want to know if anyone has actually felt any benefit from them.
Probably only one way for me to find out.

I bought an inversion table.
If you use the boots and hang completely inside down, you will regret that the next day, lol. You’ll pull things you dudnt know you had. You are supposed to start at 30 degrees for like 3-4 min, I never worked up to 90degrees. It pulls the ligaments too much when you are older.

Anyhow after a year and I found it did shit, I put it on the road to give away for free.

Anyhow deepl tissue massage and yoga works 1000 times better.

I bought an inversion table.
If you use the boots and hang completely inside down, you will regret that the next day, lol. You’ll pull things you dudnt know you had. You are supposed to start at 30 degrees for like 3-4 min, I never worked up to 90degrees. It pulls the ligaments too much when you are older.

Anyhow after a year and I found it did shit, I put it on the road to give away for free.

Anyhow deepl tissue massage and yoga works 1000 times better.
this^^^^^^
table is ok because you can control the traction. it feels ok, may give you some relief but wont fix anything. you can find them used online. just be patient.
i had the boots. you can control the traction by relaxing but you can put too much stress on the injured spot. could be dangerous for big guys.
really, hanging by your arms or doing forward standing bends will do the same thing with other benefits.
a thin woman walking on you back is good too but yoga mobilizes your spine better plus all your other joints

My friend was visiting a chropractor regularly - Swore by him as the best.

He walked in (this is a few years ago) and the chiropractor announced his retirement. My friend was devasted. Ask him for a referral and the chiropractor suggested an inversion table. He has never seen another chiropractor since.

Now this is just in HIS case with his particular concerns, but it does point to its effectiveness. It's on my radar to get one at some point.

a $25 yoga ball will create traction on your spine plus the benefit of improving your extension
this relief is only temporary and doesnt deal with root problem

View attachment 28739
I was going to try this instead of an inversion table. Maybe someone has tried it here.
Interesting. Kind of nearing on what Spock said about just bending over and hanging your upper body over. Assuming you had enough flexibility that is. Could probably even achieve something near this by hanging in a lower back ext type device.

I hate to keep repeating this.
massage therapy.
Honestly my arm, neck shoukder pain was so bad, I thought a pinched nerve in my spine. 4 years of horrible pain, I took hydro morphine for 5 months to keep working thru the pain. I honestly thought if this was my life forever, I thought well my insurance will cover me now, time to off myself.

I really thought of ending it, I didn’t want to live like that. The pain was that bad, I could never sleep.

Then a power lifter buddy said, go to massage therapy, find someone who gives you pain.

Anyhow 5 months after I started, I went every two weeks, I was completely pain free.
It has been 18 months now, no pain. I feel great. I go once a month.

‘’Now if you are not as bad as me, I would go every two weeks for 3 months, then once every month or two after than.

It seriously was a game changer. My left hand still shakes sometimes, I may have permenantly damaged the nerve that was trapped, by being trapped so long, but hey, no pain.

Did I read some where that Bats and opposums have never ever complained about any spinal issues or have ever gone to see a chiropractor not even once and why is that you ask ? Well it is because they spend half of there lives hanging upside down , I use to have inversion boots and I used them every night after work In my power rack it was great for decompressing