I guest Stiff Legged deadlifts are Bent Legged deadlifts Acording to these Video - a Good thing

PGM

Trusted Member
I was quite sure we stopped doing stiffed legged deadlifts because of the potential injury it can cause to the disks and spinal columns, When I viewed a number of Video's on the stiff legged deadlift ... low and behold they were saying to bend at the knees and keep the back in a straight/neutral position. I know these as kind of a bent kneed deadlift ... just not as bent as the conventional deadlift. Bent legged deadlifts may increase your strength but may hamper your deadlift technique as your ass is higher when your start the technique, you don't want that happening in a meet. The weight lifted will not be impressive. The second video mentions the romanian deadlift. This is great for increasing deadlift strength specially from the point you drop the weight to.

Yeah RDL's are great for hypertrophy training the very muscles you need to grow for deadlifting.

Reactions: PGM
I usually involve RDL's on every leg day. But since I've started this cycle, seems like my lower back is always fried, so I haven't been doing them...

yeah rdl are hard on the lower back ... how ever they do generate a lot of strength in the lower back, I use to do them a lot. I wonder how they would be in a sumo stance? Going to give them a try that way

yeah rdl are hard on the lower back ... how ever they do generate a lot of strength in the lower back, I use to do them a lot. I wonder how they would be in a sumo stance? Going to give them a try that way

Never thought of trying that, never even heard of anyone doing it... Cool thought

I used to do stuff legged deadlifts all the time. Partly because at work I wanted the extra strength because I was too lazy to bend my knees every time I lifted, so become really strong on straight leg deadlifts and then the 50 lb tubs are light, lol.
But I always kept my knees bent, but fixed a little bit.
I don’t do the, anymore because I have a piraformis issue now and it aggravates it horrible.
But I miss them. Loved them more than hamstring curls.

I do nothing but Romanian deadlifts because I have arthritis in my knees. Regular deadlifts put too much stress on my knees.

If you wanted to be a pussy and listen to this PT's method of doing a one legged RDL ... you could probably super set them with real light tricep kick backs FFS. Where do these PT's get their idea's from. This shit really grind's my gears ...lol

If you wanted to be a pussy and listen to this PT's method of doing a one legged RDL ... you could probably super set them with real light tricep kick backs FFS. Where do these PT's get their idea's from. This shit really grind's my gears ...lol

I’m a pussy I’ll give it a try lol