Honestly sometimes I really stupid

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
So put a window ac in my basement, great to work out. Well these use the water that condenses to help cool the condenser but damn it’s noisy. So I don’t feel like pulling it out to open it to drill drain holes, so I grab my drill and guess what, drill a hole in the bottom of the pan, thinking I’ll be careful, not push too hard, well I drilled a hole in the condenser coil, fucking gas pissing out. Oh did I mention I just bought this.

Fuck my wifes laughing at me. It like sometimes this second personality I have that has Down’s syndrome takes over and I do stuff that i so know better not to do.

I don’t even want to take it to a repair place because I’m too embaressed about bring so dumb. Worst part is if I could get gas, I could easily fix this, I sealed the hole with solder (yes the proper stuff, silphos?) as the gas was slowly hissing out so it wouldn’t even need to be vac’d. Yeah only trades get gas, lol. I bet there is even enough gas left in it that I could solder on a service valve and still not need to vac it, lol. It would be easy, call Everson and ask how many oz of gas and I’m done.

Yeah know enough to fix it, too stupid to remove, open case and properly drill it....

Just wanted to bitch a bit,

So what’s your story of the latest dumbass thing you have done?

I was plastic-lining a crawl space at a rental property for a friend as I owed him a favor, had to put all the insulation back and use a staple gun to pin the plastic to the crude walls. I knew some plumbing was redone but my mind was in the past and assumed it was all copper pipes... nope... I put a staple right through a PEX line and hosed the whole crawl space down.

I patched it with a piece of rubber I cut from an old shoe and a hose-clamp to hold it over the hole, with the intention of having it properly repaired, but it's still holding since I was there last. The walls are all plastic lined and the floor is raw earth, so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I really need to go back and check on this.

I was plastic-lining a crawl space at a rental property for a friend as I owed him a favor, had to put all the insulation back and use a staple gun to pin the plastic to the crude walls. I knew some plumbing was redone but my mind was in the past and assumed it was all copper pipes... nope... I put a staple right through a PEX line and hosed the whole crawl space down.

I patched it with a piece of rubber I cut from an old shoe and a hose-clamp to hold it over the hole, with the intention of having it properly repaired, but it's still holding since I was there last. The walls are all plastic lined and the floor is raw earth, so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Lol nice. That’d kill me thinking about leaving something like that lol. Slick move tho lol

I once shook my DVD remote when the screen saver was on my tv. So used to shaking the mouse on the PC.

When I was a teenager living at my parents, my mum comes to me and says “were you tired this morning?” I say “yeah why” she says “I found the milk in the cereal cupboard.”

Geezus man thats a 2 min fix..lol.. shut off wster and drain the line. Cut it right on the hole or a bit on each side and put in a coupling and crimp it in..done

Yeah well I gotta take this in to get it fixed now. I know they are going to be talking about me when I leave.
We are walking home and my wife is like,
Why is the light flashing on the central vac, I’m like, well the filter bag needs to be cleaned, the motor is pulling too many amps when running, so the light flashes even though the basket is empty.
And yeah, I can’t drill a fucking hole, lol.

Dumb moment..... 20+ years ago....new pup in Infantry basic.... doing grenade training.....so fuk'n nervous I pulled the pin and threw that instead of the grenade ..... luckily some Sgt yelled at me to throw the damn thing.....

I think I’ll fix it. I have the proper solder, I’ll plug the hole, instal a service valve on the suction side then fill it with 134a. Might not be the exact same gas, but should serve the purpose. It’s too bad I cannot find anywhereon google that tells me what the charge was. I don’t want to buy gauges, then I’ll be at the price of a new one.
I know I should vac it, but shit it’s a tiny hole, I’ll seal it now so no more air exchanges, really, how much air got in the system. So it may crap in a few years. Too bad these things are so cheap they never have a dryer. I’ll spend the $40 to see if I can fix it, what the hell. I’ll just charge it till it blows cold, then give it another squirt. I believe Emerson stated 13 psi on the suction side with 134 a, but too many variables.

Maybe I’ll call them and ask, what’s the worst they are going to do, tell me to fuck off, lol,

I think I’ll fix it. I have the proper solder, I’ll plug the hole, instal a service valve on the suction side then fill it with 134a. Might not be the exact same gas, but should serve the purpose. It’s too bad I cannot find anywhereon google that tells me what the charge was. I don’t want to buy gauges, then I’ll be at the price of a new one.
I know I should vac it, but shit it’s a tiny hole, I’ll seal it now so no more air exchanges, really, how much air got in the system. So it may crap in a few years. Too bad these things are so cheap they never have a dryer. I’ll spend the $40 to see if I can fix it, what the hell. I’ll just charge it till it blows cold, then give it another squirt. I believe Emerson stated 13 psi on the suction side with 134 a, but too many variables.

Maybe I’ll call them and ask, what’s the worst they are going to do, tell me to fuck off, lol,
Lol what about those recharge kits for cars they sell at Walmart and Canadian tire

If you want a portable air conditioner let me know
Bought one at Home Depot last year but was too lazy to install it. Ended up duct taping the whole window screen (the casement ones)

Anyways the duct tape fell off this year and I’m moving now. I can barely move it and I’m too lazy to duct tape another window. It’s the ones that look like a garbage can with a tube that sticks into the window.

It’s this one
https://www.lg.com/us/air-conditioners/lg-LP1215GXR-portable-air-conditioner

Lol what about those recharge kits for cars they sell at Walmart and Canadian tire
Yeah that’s what I used. Unfortunately that gas doesn’t work as well. It not really refrigeration gas, it’s a mix of propane and other gases. Less efficient. I will have to buy another :(

If you want a portable air conditioner let me know
Bought one at Home Depot last year but was too lazy to install it. Ended up duct taping the whole window screen (the casement ones)

Anyways the duct tape fell off this year and I’m moving now. I can barely move it and I’m too lazy to duct tape another window. It’s the ones that look like a garbage can with a tube that sticks into the window.

It’s this one
https://www.lg.com/us/air-conditioners/lg-LP1215GXR-portable-air-conditioner

Those ones don’t work well. When the hot air gets vented to the outside it creates a vacuum in the room that draws in new external (hot not air conditioned) air.
I had one as well, use it as a dehumidifier at work.

Well don’t fool yourself about this 12a gas they sell at Canadian tire. It works like shit. If you wanted to maybe just get a little more out of a piece of shit vehicles ac system and the vehicle is on its last legs, it would do fine.
I don’t feel like wasting any more money on this unit because they are only $200 or I would get the proper gas next time I was in the states. It’s just sad that we need to over regulate things so bad in Canada.

Just forget it man. Get a jar of Tannerite, stuff it inside the machine. Go waaaay back and pop a .308 in there and enjoy the show.

Just forget it man. Get a jar of Tannerite, stuff it inside the machine. Go waaaay back and pop a .308 in there and enjoy the show.

I took it to a metal recycling bin and threw it in there. Not worth my time.
Blowing it up woukd have been more fun though, lol.