HMB?

Shute

Some of us probably remember Bill Phillips and EAS from the late 90's and early 2000's. Bill brought creatine to the masses via Phosphagen and made an absolute killing. I still have the "Body of Work" VHS tape kicking around somewhere, including the notorious scene where Bill and his brother Shawn prance around downtown Vegas in their underwear for no particular reason.

EAS released HMB in capsule form, touting that it "felt like deca". It didn't. It was low dose, super expensive, and had almost universal negative reviews.

Fast forward 2 decades, and there's actually a small but growing body of data for HMB showing that it can be highly effective when taken at >1gram dosages. A couple of the studies I looked at were hard to believe, one of them showed steroid-like gains in trained test subjects.

Seeing how it's come down in price so much, I'm considering giving it a shot. Has anyone tried powdered HMB at higher dosages? What were your results?

Years ago I tried Met-Rx with HMB. It gave me horrible migraines to the point where I couldn’t work out.

Actually gave away all of stuff to a buddy, he didn’t have any adverse effects but wasn’t impressed either. My buddy was a high level competitor at the time so he was pretty in tune with his body and sups.