Front load cycle - is this stupid?

El Ronero

Trusted Member
I want to experiment with higher primo dose than normal - something like 500mg test & 500mg primo. But I don't want to run 1g of gear months on end.

Is it dumb to run this for 1-2 months and then pull back to 250 test & 250 primo for another 3 months?

*I usually run small cycles like 250/250 of test/primo and happy with how this works out.

This isn’t a front load. This is a front heavy cycle followed by a lower dose cycle to finish.
Front loading would mean doing roughly 2x the weekly volume on your first week then going to your regular dose for the remaining weeks. Front loading is only to raise levels faster while accounting for half lives and all that other jazz.

Running 500/500-week for a month or two is not a crazy cycle considering the compounds you’ve chosen. Volume could be a bitch with Primo. But all in all it looks like a decent one to this guy.

@RigPig - ditto, If I was you and you don't want your body to get used to 1000 mg of compounds a week pick a different amount and stick with it through the whole cycle. There is a theory as you get bigger say from 220 to 240 (which would be a shit ton of water and not lean muscle) after 2 months, you need more product as you are bigger - each to their own but I don't agree.

The products you are running are somewhat lower on the sides especially Primo and there are a dozen different ways to run a cycle, front load, back load, orals for a short period so you grow more while the injectable kicks in. Unless you really want to impress someone for a few weeks then sure it would work with an oral or a big bump towards the end but I guess I'm at an age I could give a shit.
I don't follow any of it but like I said each to their own. If your not young and your body isn't as resilient, stick with injectables and a decent dosage that you know will give you a boost and stick with it the whole way through. You remove the question of sides due to lowering or increasing dosages, adding in an oral for a short period, and can simply run a blood test and use that for the who cycle after a few weeks as it should provide a stable amount after 3 weeks.
For example 300/300 if you don't want 1000 mg a week. Adjust your growth/cut with food and your type of training.
Agree with every word Rigpig said and he would know but if your like me and don't want 1000 mg of PED's, I would consider 150/150 for 4 months and people can laugh at how low that is but I again don't give a shit. I can manipulate my size with food on a low dose because I never took high doses before and never will.

Good luck - let us know what you settle on.

@RigPig - ditto, If I was you and you don't want your body to get used to 1000 mg of compounds a week pick a different amount and stick with it through the whole cycle. There is a theory as you get bigger say from 220 to 240 (which would be a shit ton of water and not lean muscle) after 2 months, you need more product as you are bigger - each to their own but I don't agree.

The products you are running are somewhat lower on the sides especially Primo and there are a dozen different ways to run a cycle, front load, back load, orals for a short period so you grow more while the injectable kicks in. Unless you really want to impress someone for a few weeks then sure it would work with an oral or a big bump towards the end but I guess I'm at an age I could give a shit.
I don't follow any of it but like I said each to their own. If your not young and your body isn't as resilient, stick with injectables and a decent dosage that you know will give you a boost and stick with it the whole way through. You remove the question of sides due to lowering or increasing dosages, adding in an oral for a short period, and can simply run a blood test and use that for the who cycle after a few weeks as it should provide a stable amount after 3 weeks.
For example 300/300 if you don't want 1000 mg a week. Adjust your growth/cut with food and your type of training.
Agree with every word Rigpig said and he would know but if your like me and don't want 1000 mg of PED's, I would consider 150/150 for 4 months and people can laugh at how low that is but I again don't give a shit. I can manipulate my size with food on a low dose because I never took high doses before and never will.

Good luck - let us know what you settle on.
Now that I run a lot less, I really don't find a huge difference between the high dose and lower dose, other than water bloat weight.
But I am not trying to gain a bunch of mass.

Personally I think we all hope to do better with more gear, when in reality its mostly training/food and consistancy.

Honestly, I'd take the average of your highest and lowest dosages and run that the entire 4-5 months. That way you get a longer run with more primo overall.

If you want to ramp things up to a gram with what I suggested above, consider using some dbol or another oral for a temporary increase of total anabolics per week that will get in and out quickly.

There is also the option of front loading that minimizes scar formation - testosterone no ester rectal administration. What a youtuber called "divine protein shakes" is but a microdose, I'm talking 1ml syringes of testosterone suspension. No pain, all gain... just make sure to take off the needle after loading the solution into the syringe.

Start off on the lower dose and then increase it to the 500/500 once you notice things slow.

Our body is great at adapting and if you start high your receptors will adapt and you won't get anything form the lower dose at the end.

IMO of course.
I question that specifically androgen receptors adapt. It appears as if all androgens inhibit myostatin immediately but chronically myostatin upregulates to maintain homeostasis... something like that. And of course the endorphin increase from steroids would feel less pronounced once the opioid receptors down regulate. That is obviously true. But androgen receptor desensitization due to exogenous bioidentical testosterone isn't widely known.

thanks @RigPig @Goldenrod @Sorbate - solid advice... To be honest I think I'm just bored and looking to mess around. But I've had great results with 300/300 (test/primo) and 200/200/200 (test/primo/deca) a few times in the past year. Good gains and bloodwork stays perfect.

I'll likely stick to what works and maybe plan the final month with a higher test/primo just to see how that feels.

@Horror Cock - will you donate for the divine protein shake?