Finally caught up on processing wild game

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
So I finally produced the last 1200 or so pounds of game, should only get a couple hundred pounds of game a week now.
I’m glad it’s over, now I’ll get a bit of a break, take a week off here in a couple weeks and redo my wife’s bathroom.

Here’s a couple picture of 2 of the 6 racks of game I did yesterday.

Oh and the nerf sword in the smokehouse stick bucket is so I can beat the staff if they are fucking around talking too much, lol.

723DAFD9-C072-4447-A016-92C056A6D98B.jpegE5BDD555-6439-49F7-B1D7-22A825FC7F24.jpeg

Yummy, I love making sausage too. It's a hobby for me though. Tried the smoking thing a while back and sucked ass at it. I'm starting back up once I move out of the place I'm at.

lol... Too funny..

my mind has been thinking about my spring bear hunt plans for the last 2 weeks.. Where am I baiting? Am I going to do a over night trip up north on south facing hills? Should I reuse my old tree stands? I need to get my bow out and start practising etc...

And then... All the meat processing, jerky and sausage making etc..

can't wiat

lol... Too funny..

my mind has been thinking about my spring bear hunt plans for the last 2 weeks.. Where am I baiting? Am I going to do a over night trip up north on south facing hills? Should I reuse my old tree stands? I need to get my bow out and start practising etc...

And then... All the meat processing, jerky and sausage making etc..

can't wiat
Bear, one animal I do not missing boning. It’s like cutting rubbery grease, lol.
Some smell pretty funky also.

Bear, one animal I do not missing boning. It’s like cutting rubbery grease, lol.
Some smell pretty funky also

Their meat is red meat just like any other.. but I agree they can be greasy sonofabitches lol.. Skining them is the worst, the grease just coats your knife, hands etc..

Your hands are so soft and supple afterwards though.

Their meat is red meat just like any other.. but I agree they can be greasy sonofabitches lol.. Skining them is the worst, the grease just coats your knife, hands etc..

Your hands are so soft and supple afterwards though.
Maybe with your dull knives you think it’s the same to cut, lol. Jk.
It like cutting rubber compared to cow moose or deer.

weird.. everyone whose done a bear with me said the meat is much softer than other wild game they have done.
Meh who knows, maybe I expect more because I bone a deer in 8 minutes. Bear takes about 15 or so.
I havn’t done that may bears either, maybe 300 or so, where deers I’ve boned well over 8000.
The last couple years I forced my butcher to bone them, I just didn’t enjoy doing them. He thought they were bouncy and rubbery also.
‘Maybe because it’s colder where you live, the meat and fat is more solid. Here the meat is soft and floppy.

I never boned bears in Edmonton, I was too busy cutting moose, elk and deer. The bears were always covered in hair and it sticks to everything so I avoided them