Estrogen's impact on blood pressure

BanditNOLIMIT

Trusted Member
Hey guys, I'd like share some thoughts I have revolving around this topic. I'm not sure how common this knowledge is but maybe it will help someone else down the road.

I've recently been experiencing hypertension. In an attempt to trace back the route cause, I did a blood panel. Blood counts were all in range, Kidney function is spot on, lipids were good for the most part - HDL was a little low, however I'm not sure that it would have any impact on blood pressure. What I did find though was that my estradiol was bottomed out. The lab test cut it off at <40 pmol/L, so I'm not sure if it's very very low or completely tanked. Regardless, definitely not where it should be.

I know high blood pressure is often associated with high estrogen, however I don't see a lot of mention of low estrogen's impact on it, which may be more worrisome. After a little bit of reading, it turns out that estrogen both activates the vasodilator pathway through nitric oxide and prostacyclin AND also inhibits the vasoconstrictor pathway mediated by the sympathetic nervous system and angiotensin. source

So this also made me think, I wonder how many cases of heart disease in men can also be linked to this to estrogen. Estrogen levels in men are very commonly overlooked by medical professionals. With the massive influx in men with low testosterone (low estrogen as a by product) nowadays, I think it could be a driving factor for these issues. Perhaps this is another reason TRT is a great option for men?

Anyways, maybe this is common knowledge, but just thought I would share my thoughts. As for me, I'm currently in the midst of bringing my levels back up and am hoping that my blood pressure issues are resolved in the process!

Yes my BP goes up a bit when E2 get too higher OR too low

The high estrogen and high BP is related to water retention.

When E2 low, I get a sense the higher BP is from higher free test ratio. But the is just a theory

Last edited: