Eggs - cooking vs. raw

To maximize aminos, don't stop at cooking but be sure to pressure cook them for 45min in acid at pH3 to fully hydrolyze all the proteins.

Which in practice this could actually reduce the amount of protein you would get because who would eat that shit?
I can eat maybe 6 hard boiled eggs max, but if I soft boil them I can easily eat a dozen.

Another point about eggs, is they aren't just protein. The yolks contain many other delicate molecules as well that can be destroyed by cooking. Vince Gironda went so far as to seek out fertilized eggs.
I've not seen any studies comparing fertile vs none fertile eggs. But one I read did show greater anabolism from whole eggs vs egg whites, even when controlled for amino content and calories, so there is more to eggs anabolic effect than can be explained by the protein alone.

Last edited:
the post-workout muscle-building response in those eating whole eggs is 40 percent greater than in those consuming an equivalent amount of protein from egg whites

.....the whole egg or the egg whites, the same amount of dietary amino acids became available in your blood. In each case, about 60 to 70 percent of the amino acids were available in the blood to build new muscle protein.

But when the researchers directly measured protein synthesis in the muscle,
"We saw that the ingestion of whole eggs immediately after resistance exercise resulted in greater muscle-protein synthesis than the ingestion of egg whites,"
...simply adding fat to an isolated protein source in the diet after exercise does not boost protein synthesis.

"consuming egg protein in its natural matrix has a much greater benefit than getting isolated protein from the same source."

Last edited:
the post-workout muscle-building response in those eating whole eggs is 40 percent greater than in those consuming an equivalent amount of protein from egg whites

.....the whole egg or the egg whites, the same amount of dietary amino acids became available in your blood. In each case, about 60 to 70 percent of the amino acids were available in the blood to build new muscle protein.

But when the researchers directly measured protein synthesis in the muscle,
"We saw that the ingestion of whole eggs immediately after resistance exercise resulted in greater muscle-protein synthesis than the ingestion of egg whites,"
...simply adding fat to an isolated protein source in the diet after exercise does not boost protein synthesis.

"consuming egg protein in its natural matrix has a much greater benefit than getting isolated protein from the same source."

Great stuff! I almost always include some yolks. Not because I knew this but just for the taste so this is really fortunate a good to know

Great stuff! I almost always include some yolks. Not because I knew this but just for the taste so this is really fortunate a good to know

Just one of many sites. Phosphatidylcholine is a great supplement for the liver. I always eat eggs whole vs whites - want the nutrients and in particular choline for my liver. As with a lot of foods/supplements - we are told for 20 years this is great, then later it changed and told the opposite is lol so who knows what I will learn if I'm around in 10-20 years. Regardless, eggs are one of the few foods I think are great just the way they are - cooked or raw. It takes a few minutes to scramble them and they are excellent for post workout protein source.

Just one of many sites. Phosphatidylcholine is a great supplement for the liver. I always eat eggs whole vs whites - want the nutrients and in particular choline for my liver. As with a lot of foods/supplements - we are told for 20 years this is great, then later it changed and told the opposite is lol so who knows what I will learn if I'm around in 10-20 years. Regardless, eggs are one of the few foods I think are great just the way they are - cooked or raw. It takes a few minutes to scramble them and they are excellent for post workout protein source.
I personally don't worry about the egg cholesterol. Been eating 4 eggs for breakfast for over 2 years and my cholesterol levels are great. Whole is the way to go, so many other benefits.