Doing hiit over steady state cardio drastically lowered my blood pressure

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
Just letting guys know if they haven't tried hiit and they suffer from higher blood pressure.
I used to jog 3 times a week for 15 to minutes minutes each time. I would also lift weights on the days in-between. Before starting jogging my blood pressure was usually 139/89 ish. I quit smoking amd started jogging and it lowered to a steady 127/79 ish.
I have since quit jogging due to winter weather bullshit and got back into boxing.
I just train by myself for usually 10 three minute rounds with 1 minute rest inbetween each round. So averaged out 40-45 minutes sometimes more sometimes less. I usually just do footwork drills, some power stuff and heavy bag work at the end. My blood pressure lately has been 116/66 ish. The lowest I've ever seen it and that was today. I have also been smoking for the last couple days. I know shame on me but I changed jobs and kinda relapsed. I hope to stop tomorrow again.
You could argue and say well the hikt just works out to more active minutes a week but I really don't think that's it I think it's the constant heart rate fluctuations. Anyway try it out if you haven't.